Elementary STEM Teacher - USD 383
TITLE: ELEMENTARY STEM TEACHER
- Current and Valid Kansas Teacher Certificate.
- Masters in Mathematics and/or Science and/or STEM preferred or related field or National Board Certification.
- Experience in delivering professional development to teachers.
- Evidence of at least three (3) years of exemplary classroom teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven track record in the use of a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
- Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
- Evidence of planning, organization, and time management skills that will bring structure and accountability to the position.
- Proven ability to apply science and/or math content knowledge, formative assessment, and technology integration at a high level.
- Deep understanding of student learning theory, brain-based learning, and differentiated instruction.
- Deep understanding of NET-S, NGSS, and CCSS.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning and desire to continue learning “what works” in classroom instruction.
REPORTS TO: Director of Elementary Curriculum & Instruction SUPERVISES: N/A
PURPOSE OF JOB: Under the direction of the Director of Curriculum & Instruction and the Instructional Technology Coordinator, this position is responsible for implementing the STEM pilot program and STEM elementary program in assigned B220 elementary schools. This position is also responsible for collaborating with teachers in promoting interdisciplinary STEM activities into the core curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver STEM-oriented instruction through project-based learning methods.
- Attends professional development and training related to STEM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum.
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEM events/activities.
- Coaches teachers on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in the STEM areas.
- Serves as liaison to prospective or selected STEM vendors, to determine the best resources, options and innovations that will optimize the learning experience for students and staff.
- Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision.
- Shares STEM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Follows the District’s job description for teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 182 days/year. Placement on Salary Schedule
01/16Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
EMPLOYER PAID FRINGE -
Personal & Sick Leave,
Placement on Salary Schedule Job Start Date:
August-7-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
0000 0000 - email@example.com - 0000
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 www.usd383.org/manhattan-ogden
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)Employer Address:
2031 Poyntz Ave Manhattan, Kansas