USD 415 is seeking a principal for Hiawatha Elementary for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. Applications are now being accepted. Hiawatha Elementary School is home to the Red Hawks and to approximately 430 students in grades PreK-4. In addition to regular and special education staffing, H.E.S. also has a full-time counselor and shares a district social worker. Hiawatha schools have a proud history of academic excellence, school pride, and quality programming. USD 415 is a 3A district located in northeast Kansas and serves approximately 989 students in grades PreK-12. We are located approximately one hour from Topeka and the Kansas City Airport.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and skills:
· Holds or is eligible to hold appropriate licensure
· Strong track record and background in instruction
· Demonstrated ability to unify people for a common purpose
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Has a successful background related to elementary and early childhood programming
· Is a professional leader who is passionate about serving the needs of all students
Interviews will be scheduled for the first week of February with a hiring decision completed the following week. Interested candidates must submit a completed application available at https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/175665/Administrative__Application_updated_1117.docx with resume, cover letter, and transcripts to:
Lonnie Moser, Superintendent
Hiawatha USD 415 is a 3A school district located in northeast Kansas that serves approximately 930 students in K-12. Hiawatha is one hour from Topeka and forty-five minutes from St. Joseph, MO.
USD 415 schools have consistently scored above the state average on the state standards tests. The district has an extremely supportive Board of Education and community.