TITLE: Speech-Language Pathologist
1. Meet certification requirements as established by the State Department of Education.
2. Approved by the Special Education Section of the State Department; such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal/Executive Director of Special Services
JOB GOAL: To help reduce or eliminate speech and hearing impairments that interfere with the individual student’s ability to derive full benefit from the district’s educational program.
1. Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balanced program for oral communication and speech improvement;
2. Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing speech or language handicaps.
3. Assists and guides teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language impairments.
4. Provides a thorough assessment and diagnosis speech, voice, hearing, and language impairments;
5. Provides screening to identify speech and/or hearing handicapped children at regular intervals and at specified levels;
6. Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialist in the community as appropriate;
7. Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the students’ daily activities;
8. Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate;
9. Provides in-service education and serves as a consultant to teachers and school staff members on topics concerning speech improvement.
10. Keeps thorough ongoing records for the individual student receiving therapy or other school-provided speech services; maintaining lists of referred and screened students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 189 day contract. Salary and work year as established by the board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of teachers.
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)