Cloud County Community College seeks an English/Speech Instructor to begin in the Spring 2020 semester. The instructor will be responsible for teaching courses within the English-Communications Department. Preference would be given to applicants who are qualified or who have experience teaching composition and public speaking courses. Master’s degree in English, Speech, or a related field required. This position will require the use of instructional technology within the curriculum and in the classroom. This is a full-time, nine-month position with a benefit package. Email a letter of application, resume, the names and phone numbers of five current references, and copies of transcripts to email@example.com or send to the Office of Human Resources, Cloud County Community College, P.O. Box 1002, Concordia, Kansas 66901. EOE.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Teach face-to-face and online courses;
· Participate in program and course review, development, and assessment;
· Serve on committees to hire, mentor, and evaluate adjunct teaching faculty;
· Engage in professional development and enact new instructional approaches;
· Assist in recruitment and retention of students;
· Attend all relevant college, division, and department meetings;
· Perform duties assigned by Department Chair or Division Dean;
· Teach day, evening, or weekend classes as needed;
· Serve on college committees.