Food Service Site Manager 2019-2020 School Year
Food Service Worker Site Manager
Purpose: The Food Service Site Manager supervises kitchen operations. The Site manager must work closely with the sponsor’s Food Service Coordinator and with the building principal. This position is a non-exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Responsible to: Food Service Coordinator
Payment rate: Salary and benefits to be established by the Board of Education.
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Experience in institutional food preparation and kitchen management.
- Personnel and management skills.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
- Requires prolonged sitting- standing- and use of equipment including repetitive motions.
- Adequate physical strength to manually move- carry- lift- pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Capable of stooping- bending and reaching.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Flexibility in work hours as required to fulfill duties.
- Requires transportation to schools within the school district and the ability to run errands.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments- with numerous interruptions.
- Supervise and coordinate the school’s food service to provide nutritious meals and safeguard the health of students- staff and visitors.
- Keep accurate and timely records for the sponsor and KSDE.
- Ensure all activities conform to District- community and KSDE guidelines.
- Communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner- meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Have knowledge concerning the appropriate operation of all kitchen equipment and ability to effectively train the employees on its safe and correct use.
- Implement the vision and mission of the District
- Observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
- Respond to information request in a cooperative- courteous and timely manner.
- Keep personnel information and records confidential.
- Provide leadership to employees.
- Implement and follow all District health and safety policies.
- Regular attendance is required of all employees subject to allowed leave in accordance with district policy or negotiated agreement- as appropriate. Excessive absences or tardiness- unauthorized leave or unexcused absences may result in disciplinary action including termination of employment.
- Maintain integrity and accountability of the Child Nutrition program (CNP) through compliance with all federal- state and local laws- regulations and policies.
- Provide effective office organization and good paper management techniques to ensure all records and supporting documentation are maintained in accordance with federal- state and local laws and policies.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other employees.
- Attend scheduled manager’s meetings- attend in service meetings and encourage all kitchen staff to attend applicable in service meetings and training classes.
- Assign work schedules and day-to-day assignments of specific job tasks.
- Make arrangements for substitute workers from the approved list of substitutes to fill in for regular staff members when they are absent.
- Plan and provide menus that meet current nutritional standards and meal pattern requirements and that encourage participation.
- Coordinate food items for a la carte sales.
- Accurately complete monthly inventory of food and non-food supplies. Assure that all supplies are on hand for the day’s preparation before needed.
- Order and maintain adequate supplies of equipment- food and non-food supplies. Write weekly market orders and submit to food service coordinator on agreed upon day.
- When groceries are delivered- check-in by visually counting each item- noting if specification was met- order was correctly filled and if quality of product is acceptable. Make corrections on invoice while the delivery person is still on site. Return items that do not meet specifications.
- Ensure the health and well being of the school’s children through high levels of sanitation standards.
- Train staff to correctly use equipment. Establish and maintain schedules for maintenance.
- Jewelry should not be worn when operating machinery- i.e. dishwasher- mixer- slicers- etc.
- Provide a safe environment for performance of work. Report any accidents in the kitchen in a timely manner.
- Provide a system for preparing and maintaining records that reflects an accurate report of planned menus- food produced and food discarded.
- Establish quality standards for the presentation and service of food.
- Create an atmosphere that attracts and pleases students- teachers- administrators and other school support staff.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed by the Food Service Coordinator.
- Take instruction from supervisors or other persons of authority.
Term of Employment: Twelve month wage agreement – Employee At Will
Position open till filledhttps://atchison.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=224
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Atchison USD 409 www.usd409.net
USD 409 Atchison Public Schools has approximately 1700 students. Our district is made up of four schools, all in the same town:
Elementary School grades PK-5
Middle School grades 6-8
High School grades 9-12
Central School grade 1-12
Atchison is a unique rural family town, located on the Missouri River approximately 50 miles from Kansas City, Topeka, Lawrence and St. Joseph. We have the advantage of enjoying the quiet life but the big city attractions are just one hour away.Employer Address:
626 Commercial Street Atchison, Kansas