Gifted Education Paraprofessional
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Gifted Education Paraprofessional.
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The Gifted Education Paraprofessional assists with the day-to-day educational instruction of students while under the supervision of the teacher. The paraprofessional aids in activities to assist students in gaining knowledge,developing skills and attaining education goals, as well as compiling reports and other clerical duties.
- Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Must be flexible.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have proficient technology skills commonly found in classroom environments.
- Reviews and reinforces skills previously addressed by a classroom teacher in individual or small group settings for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of designated curriculum for the purpose of effectively assisting in facilitating student achievement.
- Reinforces and supports student academic, social/emotional, and behavioral plans as designed by the certified teacher for the purpose of developing students’ social/interpersonal/academic skills.
- Facilitate student social and cultural integration and language development.
- Assists classroom teacher with the preparation of instructional materials for the purpose of providing necessary materials to enhance learning activities.
- Provides instruction to students utilizing a variety of prescribed methodologies under the direction of a teacher or professional staff for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Responds to emergencies (i.e. injured student, unsafe environments, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and /or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Understands and utilizes educational technologies, as appropriate, with students under the direction of a teacher for the purpose of facilitating student learning.
- Is reliable, punctual, completes duties promptly, and accurately.
- Maintain the facility or assigned area, to keep it clean and safe for students and staff.
- Work independently with minimum supervision when the teacher is unavailable.
- Must maintain consistent attendance.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team.
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents.
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center.
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires long periods of sitting and standing
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions.
Greenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $75 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
August-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Alice Corn - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas