General Description and Purpose
The Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for the operation and management of the athletic training program and for the coordination and designated instructional duties of the sports medicine program.
Head Athletic Trainer (.67 FTE)
1. Provide injury prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation for athletes.
2. Handle all referrals to physicians when necessary.
3. Verify athlete welfare regarding decisions about returning to participation after an injury.
4. Process all athletic insurance injury claims in a timely manner.
5. Develop and administer training room supplies budget.
6. Recruiting of sports medicine students.
7. Work cooperatively with coaches regarding specific training needs during each season.
8. Maintain injury and rehabilitation progress records on all athletes.
9. Handle initial injury evaluations.
10. Act as an academic advisor.
11. Collect previous health history and sports injury history and physical examination information.
12. Be an active member of the Beaver Backers Booster Club.
13. Work closely with Pratt Regional Medical Center and other health care providers
14. All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Sports Medicine Instructor (.33 FTE)
1. Coordination and quality management of the sports medicine curriculum.
2. Classroom teaching of sports medicine classes, practicum, and related classes of six credit hours.
3. Recruitment of the appropriate number of sports medicine majors as established by the Vice President of Instruction
4. Serve as academic advisor to sports medicine majors.
5. Participate in designated faculty meetings and in-service sessions.
6. Make budget recommendations to the Department Chair.
7. Ensure all applicable local, state and federal program requirements are properly completed.
8. Work closely with Pratt Regional Medical Center and other health care organizations to provide expanded learning opportunities for students.
9. Prepare an annual professional development plan and complete agreed to elements of the plan.
10. Prepare and annually review, a sports medicine program mission and objective statement.
11. Develop and implement a student learning outcomes assessment plan for the program.
12. Recommend annual curriculum and support changes required to address items of need identified by the annual program learning outcomes assessment.
13. Properly supervise all enrolled students who are participating in field based learning.
14. Perform other instructional duties as required.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
Head Athletic Trainer
1. Schedule coverage for games, meets, and matches of athletic events.
2. Coordinate public education programs concerning sports medicine.
Sports Medicine Instructor
1. Keep the Department Chair informed of all issues related to the operation of the sports medicine program.
Supervises the Following Staff
Head Athletic Trainer – Will supervise Assistant Athletic Trainers.
Sports Medicine Instructor – Will supervise the instruction and work that all student trainers perform as part of their field based learning program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
1. Willingness to understand the community college role and mission.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration and community.
3. Ability to communicate with and command respect from students and serve as a role model to them.
1. Minimum of two (2) years athletic training experience required.
2. Athletic training experience at the collegiate level preferred.
1. Masters required.
Certifications and/or Licensure
NATA Certification required.
Office, classroom and indoor settings as well as outdoor work in various weather conditions.
Position requires evening and weekend work.
To ensure full consideration, submit completed PCC employment application, cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts and list of contact information for three (3) references to: Director of Personnel, Pratt Community College, 348 NE SR 61, Pratt, KS 67124-8317. Visit our website at www.prattcc.edu/department/human-resources-department to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
Must apply via http://prattcc.edu/ to receive full consideration.
PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law in all aspects of employment & admission in its education programs or activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/eeo