The special education teacher provides students with a program that will enable them to reach their fullest physical, emotional, psychological and behavioral potential. The job requires significant self-discipline, internal motivation and sound judgment.
The special education teacher performs the following essential job functions:
1. Uses effective instructional techniques to stimulate student learning.
2. Uses appropriate materials, media and technology.
3. Oversees an efficient instructional environment.
4. Ensures high academic learning time and student involvement.
5. Oversees a classroom that is conducive to teaching and learning.
6. Demonstrates a pleasant and positive instructional style.
7. Oversees effective and efficient student learning.
8. Provides students with learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate.
9. Builds positive school/community interpersonal relations.
10. Conscientiously implements all compliance requirements.
11. Demonstrates leadership in the school.
12. Participates in ongoing professional development.
Applicants for this position must hold a valid license or be eligible for a license from the Kansas State Department of Education with an endorsement in high incidence special education, interrelated special education, or adaptive special education. Applicants eligible to work in special education on a waiver are also encouraged to apply.
Complete the online application here on the kansasteachingjobs website and submit to us.
The following documents are also needed for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
If you are unable to attach these items, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 620-663-1275 or mail them to Director of Special Education, Reno County Education Cooperative, 2500 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67502. Please call Lena at 620-663-7178 should you have additional questions about the application process.
A more complete job description for the position is available upon request.
Reno County Education Cooperative (RCEC) is a progressive, team oriented interlocal providing special education services to students in the school districts of Buhler, Nickerson-South Hutchinson, Haven, Fairfield and Pretty Prairie. The RCEC office is located in Hutchinson, Kansas which is in the south-central part of the state. RCEC serves students from birth to 21 by providing both direct and indirect educational services. RCEC offers a continuum of educational services and partners with other school districts for early childhood programming and alternative education. RCEC employs over 250 licensed staff and paraeducators. RCEC offers competitive salaries and health benefits, tuition reimbursement for qualified applicants, and district-sponsored professional development.