This position is open for the 2019 - 2020 School Year
Requirements: Valid teacher’s certificate and endorsement in the area of Chemistry for grades 9 through 12
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Position
REPORTS TO: Principal
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District.
3. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
4. Guides students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or students group involved.
6. Demonstrates instructional and interpersonal strategies and techniques that are responsive to the cultural, ethnic, economic and linguistic differences of students.
7. Teaches all students from a culturally inclusive perspective and establishes an expectation that classroom language and behaviors value differences.
8. Supports students in their efforts to discover and share their own cultural identities and teaches students the appropriate language for asking questions about the culture of other people.
9. Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
10. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
11. Evaluates students progress on a continuing basis and reports at designated times.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
14. Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educationally related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Attends and participates in staff, curricular, and faculty meetings.
16. Participates in district and building in-service activities.
17. Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
18. Assists in the selections of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
19. Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
20. Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
21. Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
22. Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time position. Placement on Salary Schedule. Fringe Benefits include: Health Insurance, Employers Paid 403B Contribution, Paid Sick & Personal Leave, Short-term Disability.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of teachers.
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 Manhattan-Ogden USD 383Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)