Full-time position for Instrucational Coach at Great Bend High School for the 2019-2020 school year. Full job description below. Employment date will be approximately August 1, 2019. Candidate must have Kansas teaching license at the 9-12 grade level. EOE.
No deadline for applications - they will be taken until the position is filled.
Position: Instructional Coach
Supervisors: Building Principal and Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum
1. Bachelors Degree in Education
2. Teaching experience at numerous grade levels
3. Advanced Degree or progress toward advanced degree preferred
- Plan and deliver building and district level training.
- Train new teachers on building level procedures.
- Assist individual teachers as requested by principal or teacher.
· Serve as a member of building and district professional learning communities.
· Serve as a member of building leadership team.
· Assist in building the School Improvement Plan.
· Serve as a member of Student Intervention Teams.
· Serve as a member of building MTSS Team.
· Assist in the leadership of MTSS implementation at the building level.
· Organize and order materials needed for curriculum implementation.
· Collect, manage, organize, and analyze student and building data.
· Serve as member of relevant district committees.
· Coordinate and support intervention for students in tiered interventions.
· Meet with building principal regularly to discuss schedule.
· Team teach or assist teachers as requested by building principal or teacher.
· Coordinate and administer assessments (AimsWeb, placement tests, MAP, etc.).
· Model classroom lessons that include best practices in teaching and learning.
· Partner with classroom teachers on focusing on integration of standards and technology.
· Work with teams to integrate literacy, problem solving, and technology into all content areas.
· Ensure fidelity of curriculum/program components.
· Keep current with educational research and instructional strategies.
· Build rapport with teachers, students and administrators.
· Promote a safe and confidential environment for teachers.
· Cultivate good listening skills.
· Serve as liaison with Special Services in instruction, needs, support, and state testing.
Great Bend USD 428
Great Bend Unified School District 428 is a progressive school district offering a wide variety of outstanding educational programs for students and excellent working conditions for its employees. The district serves approximately 3,000 students at the K-6, 7-8, and 9-12 levels, and maintains five elementary schools, one high school, one middle school, an alternative learning center, and an early childhood center. USD 428 is the sponsoring district for the four area school districts that comprise the Barton County Special Services Cooperative.
The district offers small class sizes, outstanding facilities, first-class curriculum and instructional materials, competitive salary and benefits, and extensive professional growth opportunities for teachers. Networked technology throughout the district -- internet, e-mail, telephones in all classrooms. Technology available to teachers includes iPads, laptops, Smart boards, Chromebooks, etc.
Great Bend High School is designated class 5A for activity competition with extremely successful programs. Great Bend is a community of over 15,000 people located in Central Kansas. Barton County Community College is located just outside of Great Bend, and Fort Hays State University is only an hour away. The Great Bend area offers an excellent quality of life for everyone.
USD 428 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Address: 201 S. Patton Road Great Bend, KS 67530