Requirements for Applying:
The Salina Public School District is seeking a proven administrator for Salina Central High School. The administrator will provide effective instructional leadership. The administrator will collaborate with the school staff to develop a dynamic educational program, a clear and shared focus for student success, high standards and expectations for all students, a safe learning environment, and an effective and supportive family and community involvements program. It will be the responsibility of the principal to administer a school program that ensures that all students will acquire the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to lead self-sufficient, well-adjusted, healthy, productive, and socially responsible lives to the best of their individual potential.
1. Directs, supervises, facilitates, and evaluates the instructional, guidance, and other programs of the building; is responsible for educational leadership and student achievement; leads staff in continuous improvement of instruction and program delivery; monitors student performance within the building.
2. Supervises and evaluates work of personnel assigned to the building; develops appropriate recommendations for staff which may involve staff development, placement, dismissal, or reassignment of personnel in conjunction with the appropriate district human resources guidelines.
3. Coordinates human relations within the school and between the school and its stakeholders (i.e., students, families, parent groups, community agencies, business community, etc.); ensures and promotes student welfare; exercises good judgment in dealings with students, staff, parents, and public.
4. Leads the development of program improvement plans at the building level in collaboration with teachers and district staff; coordinates the involvement of curriculum and instruction and staff development in improving instruction and programs; coordinates building involvement in the district`s curriculum and program review and implementation cycle.
5. Directs student placement for optimum student achievement.
6. Supervises student discipline and the management of students in the lunchroom, in hallways, on school grounds, and in any program held at the school under district sanction; works cooperatively with district administrators in emergency situations.
7. Supervises the security and care of assigned equipment, buildings, grounds, and other school property.
8. Coordinates activities of the assigned school with activities of other schools in the district; attends a variety of activities at and for assigned school.
9. Prepares reports and maintains current records as required; analyzes and utilizes the data to lead program improvement within the building.
10. Supervises school safety program; coordinates periodic drills for fire, and tornado to ensure compliance with district, state and federal regulations.
11. Participates at staff meetings and in-service training programs sponsored by district administration; maintains and updates knowledge and skills necessary for success in the position by participating in professional development activities as needed or as assigned.
12. Maintains a high standard of ethics in all professional relationships, actions, and decisions.
13. Promotes effective curriculum and program communication to flow between the building and the rest of the district.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Salina USD 305
Thank you for your interest in USD 305 Salina Public Schools. We are a proud district with the mission of "Learning for All, Whatever it takes!" USD 305 Salina Public Schools is dedicated to ongoing improvement of our academic programs and to the success of every child. We invite you to join our team which currently serves over 7,000 pre-school through 12th grade students. Educational positions are available in our early-learning center, eight elementaries, two middle, two high schools, alternative school, special education cooperative, adult education center.
Salina USD 305 is a progressive, learner-focused school district dedicated to systemic change and innovation. Academic achievement for all students is the focus of every decision made in Salina USD 305. We believe our entire school community is responsible for the success of our students and we each share in the responsibility. This takes everyone - working cooperatively - to reach our common goal…
|Learning for all, Whatever it takes!|
|Salina USD 305 provides the perfect place to learn and grow. Our students continue to make positive gains on the Kansas state assessments and score at or above the state average on the ACT. Graduation rates are far above state and national averages. Our community has high expectations for our schools and high expectations for each student. Our schools are safe, orderly learning environments where mutual respect and acceptance are the norm, and high-achieving students and staff can thrive!|
|Our School Community|
|Salina, Kansas family-oriented community in our nation’s heartland, blending just the right amount of rural heritage and hospitality with the excitement and amenities of urban America to make Salina a great place to live, work and visit!|
|Support for modern facilities and access to state-of-the-art technology are just two examples of this community’s bold and visionary commitment to public education. The community expects our public schools to succeed and is willing to step in and do what it takes to make this happen. Our Strategic Plan, a road map for the new millennium, was established by community members and educators working together.|
|Academic achievement for all students is at the center of every decision made in Salina USD 305. This is the focus of the district’s long-range strategic planning and the continuous school improvement process.|
|Award Winning Schools and Students|
|The distinctions earned by schools, staff and students of Salina USD 305 are too numerous to list here! These include local, state and national awards and recognitions, such as Teachers of the Year, Horizon Awards for New Teachers, a national Blue Ribbon School, state and national fine arts and academic awards and state athletic championships...to name just a few!|