Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
Purpose: The Human Resources Director facilitates the recruitment of staff and manages the hiring process used by the district.
Reports to: Superintendent and Asst. Superintendent
Pay Rate: Compensation based upon education and experience
Term of Employment: 12 month employee
- High diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- SHRM CP or SCP certification preferred.
- Experience in use of computers to perform tasks for a work environment.
- Experience in educational setting preferred.
- Experience working with people.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Post all vacancies as appropriate according to position.
- Manage online application process and advise administrators and directors in its use.
- Manage application process and hiring of substitute teachers.
- Assist with interviewing as needed.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions for all positions.
- Develop and maintain evaluation tools for all classified positions.
- Coordinate Personnel Page (Recommended Employments- Transfers- Retirements- Terminations- and Resignations) for board agenda.
- Coordinate the employee exit procedure.
- Provide process and documentation forms for plans of improvement and counseling.
- Manage and collect all pre-employment paperwork- background checks- and physical assessments for incoming employees.
- Manage and organize the personnel files that are housed at the district office.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Prepare all district calendars.
- Work collaboratively with payroll staff to ensure efficient processes between departments.
- Compose and organize data- correspondence- reports and other materials as needed.
- Monitor expiration of licenses for all licensed staff.
- Manage the Tuition Pool Reimbursement process for certified and classified staff.
- Assist with the updates of the content of Classified Handbook and Professional Agreement.
- Manage online benefits systems and enrollments for Benebridge- BCBS Health- Delta Dental- VSP Vision- and the HSA system.
- Insure all supporting documentation for benefits enrollment- changes- and waivers is collected and stored for audit.
- Prepare COBRA paperwork for Health and Dental as needed.
- Manage FMLA- Sick Leave Pool- and Catastrophic Leave
- Make all reference calls on potential administrators- directors- certified staff- and classified staff.
- Coordinate 403b new enrollments- changes- and terminations with SEK Financial.
- Serve as the secondary Frontline/Aesop manager for the district.
- Review salary trends- reports on salary trends- and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Level 3 – Medium Work
- This work requires the following physical activities: climbing- bending- stooping- kneeling- twisting- reaching- walking- lifting- finger dexterity- and grasping- repetitive motions.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
- The work is performed primarily indoors.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
https://pittsburg.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1952 Pittsburg USD 250
NA NA Job Start Date:
NA--Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Richard Proffitt - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-235-3100
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas