Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Summary: Assist the Technology Coordinator in troubleshooting repair of equipment and software. Provide technical support and training of software, equipment and applications to district users.
1. Ability to share acquired knowledge effectively with co-workers.
2. Team player who understands goals and responsibilities and help others meet and exceed these goals.
3. Ability to use the English language correctly and effectively (written and verbal). Most important is the ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical persons.
4. Ability to communicate ideas and plans for network implementation and maintenance.
5. Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous and timely manner.
6. Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
7. Experience and training in a network environment.
8. Familiar with server-based network environment.
9. Working knowledge of networking environments and how to operate within them.
1. Ability to assist and contribute to the completion of networking or other projects within USD309 approved by the board or to maintain network stability.
2. Ability to be proactive in the repair, maintenance and upgrade of existing networks and equipment as required.
3. Ability to set up and configure, maintain and upgrade new and existing computers as needed.
4. Ability to troubleshoot, install and maintain software across USD309`s district wide network.
5. Ability to maintain inventory hardware and software used within the USD309 School District.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district, community, and department.
7. Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned.
8. Ability to work independently on projects or jobs as assigned to further the team as a whole.
9. Work closely with the Technology Coordinator to ensure the technology needs of USD 309 are being met.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
1. Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
2. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
3. Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
4. Requires traveling to various locations within the district and occasionally to locations outside of the district.
5. Ability to run cables through ceilings and walls while using ladders.
6. Requires prolonged sitting, standing and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
7. Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
1. Ability to observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
2. Ability to keep current on technology and receive appropriate training to administer computer systems and audiovisual equipment.
3. Ability to respond to information requests in cooperative, courteous and timely manner.
4. Ability to keep personnel and student information records confidential
5. Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
8. Dress appropriately and have good personal hygiene & appearance
9. Tattoos that are perceived as offensive, hostile or that diminish the effectiveness of the employee’s professionalism must be covered and not visible to staff, or guests
10. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent, principal, secretary and administrative staff.
Unified School District 309, located in Reno County, encompasses the west edge of Hutchinson and serves the cities of Nickerson and South Hutchinson, Kansas. Over 1,100 students and 250 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in two elementary schools, Nickerson Elementary and South Hutchinson Elementary, one middle school, Reno Valley Middle School, and one high school, Nickerson High School. Many of our facilities have been renovated and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning which includes 1 to 1 student Chromebook or BYOD. Grades 7 and 8 utilize 1 to 1 iPads on mobile carts. The school and the district are committed to providing students and staff with the technology to succeed in our schools and beyond.
Nickerson High School, a Class 4A high school, and Reno Valley Middle School are members of the Central Kansas League. Our two elementary schools offer a wide variety of Pre-School Programs ranging from Head Start, Four Year Old Preschool, Universal Pre-School and All-Day Every-day Kindergarten. Reno Valley Middle School is nationally recognized as a leader in Afterschool Programs and has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for its technology implementation. For the 2011-12 school year, RVMS was a finalist for the KAMSA Middle School of the year award. USD 309 Schools are known for their outstanding academic, fine arts and athletic programs with all our schools and students consistently achieving the State Standard of Excellence award.
Our teachers enjoy many benefits including an attractive salary schedule, a number of fringe benefits, generous sick leave (including a sick leave pool), small class sizes, a teacher mentoring program, and an excellent professional development program. The Nickerson Teachers Association actively works with the USD 309 Board of Education to help create working conditions that benefit our students, teachers, and the school district in general
USD 309 is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures engaged learning, effective teaching, and trusting relationships so that all members of the school community reach their highest level of academic achievement. At Nickerson/South Hutchinson Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for our district and its citizens.
We encourage you to visit our web site at www.usd309ks.org for further information about our school district. We also welcome you to call our district office at (620) 663-7141 with any questions you may have.
The district is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices and policies with respect to hiring, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.
Their Future -- Our Focus
Nickerson-South Hutchinson - USD # 309