Instructional Coach/Assistant Principal
USD 417 Morris County is seeking applicants for a District Instructional Coach/Assistant Principal at Council Grove Elementary School. The contract year begins July 1, 2019, and is a 215 day contract. Candidates must have a Kansas Building Leadership License or be able to obtain such licensure before employment.
The successful candidate will be expected to execute the following duties and possess the following credentials/qualities:
- Work with district teachers on strategies that improve literacy instruction and student achievement.
- Serve as a resource to administrators and other staff members for matters related to literacy.
- Report on the status for programs and services at the request of the superintendent, curriculum director, or admin. team.
- Attend and provide professional development for administrators and teachers as requested.
- Knowledge of MTSS, CHAMPS, and research-based strategies for better classroom instruction and management
- Knowledge of Behavior Social Emotional Learning practices
Visit our district website: http://www.usd417.net/vnews/display.v/SEC/District%7CEmployment
The application can be found by selecting Employment under the District tab. The position will remain open until filled.
- Completed online application
- Letter of interest
- Copy of current license
- Copy of transcripts
Morris County USD 417 Morris County USD 417
Full Single Health Insurance Policy including Dental. Employer sponsored 403b. Salary will be commensurate w/ experience and education. Job Start Date:
July-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Heather Honas - email@example.com - 620-767-6851
Morris County USD 417 www.usd417.net
Unified School District 417 is located in east-central Kansas in the beautiful Flint Hills region. Our district includes portions of Geary, Wabaunsee, Lyon, and Morris Counties, and is only 30 minutes from both Manhattan and Emporia. It is comprised of two elementary schools and Council Grove Junior Senior High School (3A). The district has an average enrollment of 770 students.Employer Address:
17 S Wood Street Council Grove, Kansas