USD 252 Southern Lyon County is currently accepting applications for a District wide Instructional Coach for the 2019-2020 school year.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Instructional Coach
Purpose: The Instructional Coach will assist the school district by substantially and effectively facilitating and providing assistance in developing- implementing- and evaluating curriculum- instructional models and strategies- and use of assessments through professional development and continuous coaching with teachers.
- Valid Kansas Teaching License
- Preferred: Administrative Licensure and/or Masters in Curriculum Design (or related area)
- 10+ years of Classroom Experience
- Previous experience in implementing and evaluating effective curriculum design- instructional strategies- and use of assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to implement best practices and the motivation to set and achieve high performance levels.
- Extensive knowledge of state standards and significant experience and/or expertise in curriculum and instruction.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing job skills and performance.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the District Office.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Responsible to: Superintendent of Schools and Building Principals
- Ability to work with district teachers on strategies that improve instruction and student achievement.
- Ability to serve as a resource to administrators and other staff members for matters related to curriculum and instruction (i.e. curriculum- instruction- assessment- and professional development).
- Ability to report on the status for programs and services at the request of the superintendent- curriculum director- or admin. team.
- Ability to attend and provide professional development for administrators and teachers as requested.
- Ability to provide leadership direction and coordination in the development of curriculum- instruction and assessment.
- Assure horizontal and vertical alignment of district curriculum and alignment with current standards
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Ability to design- implement- and provide feedback on effective instruction for district teachers.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret classroom and building-wide data.
- Ability to provide ongoing progress monitoring interpretation support.
- Ability to review and interpret assessment data as needed to determine program effectiveness.
- Ability to develop presentations and other public relations tools that can be used by administrators and teachers to communicate instructional and literacy strategies.
- Ability to develop a solution to address the need for intervention strategies among special education subgroups- students not on grade-level- and at-risk students- especially those living in poverty.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and/or professional learning communities in schools- designed to encourage collaboration among teachers.
- Ability to keep current on changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings- reading professional journals and other publications- and discussing concerns of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Ability to serve as district’s testing coordinator for state assessments.
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the bloodborne pathogens exposure control plan.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent or Building Principals.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments with numerous interruptions.
- Must travel frequently in personal car or district vehicle
Term of Employment: 9-month contract plus extended days- salary- work schedule- and vacation to be established by the Board.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with Board of Education Policy.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas