The Kansas Multi-Tier System of Supports and Alignment (MTSS) State Trainer will join a team of experts to support and carry out the vision and goals of the Kansas MTSS and Alignment plan of operation. The Kansas MTSS State and Alignment Trainer will be responsible for the ongoing training and coaching of school teams to ensure the successful implementation of Kansas MTSS and Alignment with fidelity. In addition to supporting the statewide efforts for Kansas MTSS and Alignment implementation, this team will also be instrumental in supporting other KSDE initiatives as the needs arise.
Keystone strives to select team members with areas of expertise including but not limited to:
• deep knowledge in the areas of PreK-grade 12 reading;
• experience with evidence-based practices and transition practices;
• experience with development and implementation of multi-tier system of
supports, such as MTSS;
• experience with systems change and effective school improvement practices;
• experience with evidence-based strategies for culturally diverse learners;
• experience coaching adult learners;
• knowledge and experience with Kansas College and Career Ready Standards
(KCCRS) including career and technical education.
The successful candidate will possess strengths in communication, integrity, collaboration, flexibility, organization, technology use, taking initiative, and quality work. Maintaining frequent communication with the Kansas MTSS and Alignment Leadership will be necessary to ensure that direction and efforts are consistent with the goals of Kansas MTSS and Alignment and KSDE.
• Participate in/lead activities to support and sustain a statewide system of
Kansas MTSS and Alignment
• Collaborate with TASN providers to promote an aligned system of supports for
Kansas MTSS and Alignment and avoid duplication of TASN efforts
• Demonstrate flexibility to change focus of tasks as needed by TASN and KSDE
• Maintain and broaden knowledge of current educational research which may
impact Kansas MTSS and Alignment practices and training
• Pursue/present professional learning that supports the goals of Kansas MTSS and Alignment, TASN, and KSDE at the state and national levels
• Ability and flexibility to travel statewide for training and coaching
• Carry out other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Expertise
• Ability to function effectively as a member of a team
• Direct experience at the building and/or district level implementing a multi-
tier system of supports
• Deep knowledge/use of evidence-based interventions/strategies
• Knowledge/use of data-driven decision making
• Expertise in data analysis to improve student achievement
• Understanding of and practice in using adult learning theory
• Organizational skills for setting and accomplishing both short and long-term
goals with team
• Strong time management skills and initiative
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to respectfully
engage in honest, difficult conversations.
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work with adults in coaching and leadership roles
• Possess a wide-range of technology experience with on-line instructional tools
such as Captivate, Adobe Connect and other webinar platforms.
Educational and professional requirements
• Master’s Degree in Education or related field strongly preferred
• Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office and online tools
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient, timely communication management
• Flexibility in handling multiple priorities
• Actively involved in development of own professional learning
• Regular and extensive traveling (approximately 70%)across the entire state of
• Approximately 30% overnight travel
• Ability to communicate technical information
• Ability to lift 70 pounds
• Kansas MTSS and Alignment Leadership
• Initiative Leads within Kansas MTSS and Alignment
• TASN Coordination Team
• Other TASN Providers
• District and Building Level Administrators
• Keystone Administration
• Keystone Executive Director
Keystone Learning Services is an E.O.E. Keystone will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Keystone Learning Services / Northeast Kansas Education Service Center USD 608
Keystone Learning Services / Northeast Kansas Education Service Center USD 608Keystone Learning Services / Northeast Kansas Education Service Center USD 608
Keystone Learning Services is recognized as a leader in educational initiatives in Kansas. This is due in large part to the outstanding people we employ. Our staff is comprised of people who want to help students achieve their dreams, work in a positive environment and appreciate the lifestyle possible in Northeast Kansas. We strive to employ highly qualified and dedicated staff and we support them in their efforts. Staff report that through the support provided through the mentor program and administration contact they see individual growth personally and professionally.
The mission of Keystone Special Education Interlocal is to provide high quality services to students, families and school districts. We have been recognized as one of the leaders in the state in the areas of Response to Intervention (RtI/MTSS), early childhood special education, and non-categorical service delivery.
Keystone Learning Services provides special education support to eight school districts: Atchison County Community Schools USD 377, Jefferson County North USD 339, Jefferson West USD 340, McLouth USD 342, Oskaloosa USD 341, Perry-Lecompton USD 343, Valley Falls USD 338 and Easton USD 449. Special education teachers, related service providers, and paraeducators are hired through Keystone. Keystone also hires special education administrators to assist schools with planning, training, and supervision of special education staff, support staff, encourage collaboration between sped and legal issues, required documentation and reporting, and allocating resources for special education. Our school districts boundaries cross into Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson and Atchison Counties, (most are located around Lake Perry).
In addition to special education services, Keystone also provides other programs and services such as: Tiny K programs in 7 counties, cooperative purchasing, internet and technology services, comprehensive staff development, Parents as Teachers in 21 school districts, WebKIDSS IEP Consortium, John Dewey Learning Academy, manage KSDE TASN grants, Autism, and Statewide MTSS.
Whatever you are looking for, you can probably find it in Northeast Kansas. We have found the area a great place to start and raise families, sit back and relax watching the sunset. Great schools, good students and unmatched community support for education makes Keystone Learning Services and Northeast Kansas a great choice!