The Kindergarten Readiness Coordinator involves close collaboration with child care/pre-kindergarten programs, public school kindergarten teachers and administrators, direct service providers, and other community organizations. This is a part-time position ending June 30, 2019.
· Degree (Bachelor or Associate) in Early Childhood Education, Birth through Kindergarten Education, or Human Service related field.
· Knowledge of early childhood education programs, operations and procedures as they relate to school readiness.
· Experience in programs serving young children and families, with prior experience in group training and facilitation, program evaluation, statistics, data analysis, and training groups in self-evaluation.
· Working knowledge of statistical packages and related database programs.
· Ability to present and communicate information effectively in written and oral form and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and collaborative working skills.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Facilitate liaison between early education programs and K-2 teachers and administrators on kindergarten readiness goals and activities.
• Collaborate in designing and promoting activities that provide continuity between early education and kindergarten and supporting activities to provide orientation to Kindergarten for all children and their parents.
• Professionally represent Colby Public Schools and administrators as directed in communications with constituents providing accurate information , facilitation and problem resolution.
• Identify school readiness skills and deficits for children entering kindergarten and develop targeted strategies to address identified needs.
• Lead kindergarten and child care teachers, directors, administrators, parents and community members in forums, round table discussions, and parent meetings.
• Provide program support and technical assistance in relation to school readiness for all school-related programs including, but not limited to preparation of presentations, budget, tracking, calendar management, travel and and correspondence to staff, parents and community members.
• Promote and encourage expansion of preschool classes, including Pre-K, Head Start, Title I, and others, including those housed in public schools and other settings.
• Promote efforts to explore other options for additional early education programs.
• Analyze and interpret data related to Kindergarten readiness.
• Maintain program records in compliance with state and federal guidelines and USD 315 District policy(cies).
Colby USD 315
Colby USD 315
Colby USD 315
Colby Public Schools USD 315 is located in western Kansas on Interstate 70. We have approximately 950 students and over 70 licensed staff members.
There is tremendous support for the school district in the community and surrounding area. The strength of USD 315 programs stem from the collaborative efforts of staff, the parents, and the community.
The mission of Colby Public Schools is to prepare all students to be life-long learners and responsible citizens.