LCHS- ISS Supervisor
POSITION TITLE: In-School Solutions Supervisor
SCHOOL: Labette County High School
HOURLY WAGE: As established by the Board of Education
START DATE: January 6- 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: In-School Solutions Supervisor will assist students who have been placed in the in-school solutions program. In-School Solutions includes- but is not limited to monitoring students to ensure he/she completes assignments from teachers; improve their work-study skills; class behavior and positive self-image.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Principal / Principal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instructional assistance and encouragement to students to complete their assignments.
- Maintains discipline in the In-School Solutions Program.
- Keep records and complete necessary reports for the program on a timely basis.
- Consult with teachers daily and makes appropriate reports regarding student progress and assignments.
- Confer with students individually and/or in groups to modify unacceptable behavior and emphasize positive skills.
- Work with teachers and counselors to identify students in need of additional assistance from outside community groups or agencies.
- Clarify the purpose- goals and policies of the In-School Solutions Program for teachers- parents and volunteers.
- Effectively utilize district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- Attend and participate in related staff development and training sessions appropriate to the position.
- Assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Maintains confidentiality- unquestionable integrity.
- Comply with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintain a safe environment for students- conducive to learning.
- Translates lessons into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Uses effective Classroom Management techniques.
- Establish- share- and maintain standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Anticipate and effectively addresses unforeseen crises associated with working with large groups of children.
- Keeps appropriate records and files of completed assignments.
- Support the philosophy- mission- and vision of USD 506 – Labette County.
- Assist the Administration in the compiling of teacher assignments for students assigned to in-school suspension.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job- the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision- distance vision- depth perception- and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Establish high standards and expectations for all students to accept responsibility for behavior.
- Supervise students and consistently administer rules regarding student behavior during detention.
- Inform students of rules and expectations.
- Maintain an atmosphere in which students are expected to remain seated and silent during the time period.
- Work with the administration to have detention serve as an effective preventative disciplinary technique.
- Assist students as needed with homework or instructional assignments.
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and behavior- including any tardiness- and submit to the administration in a timely fashion.
- Provide a nurturing- supportive- and positive classroom climate that encourages student responsibility- using positive motivation- clear classroom routines- challenging instructional strategies- and effective classroom management techniques.
- Discipline students in a fair and consistent manner- using school approved procedures.
- Seek assistance of the parents and the Principal when needed.
- Serve as a role model for students- dressing and grooming professionally- demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning- accepting responsibility- and demonstrating pride in the honorable profession of teaching.
- Maintain positive- cooperative- and mutually supportive relationships with the administration- instructional staff- students- parents- and representatives of resource agencies within the community.
- Attend required staff meetings and serve- as appropriate- on staff committees.
High school diploma. Be flexible- positive- and proactive in the ability to manage multiple student needs.
The ability to effectively communicate (verbally- electronically and in writing) with students- faculty- administration- and parents.
Application available online at www.usd506.org
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices- which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NA--Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas