LCHS- Interim Asst. Principal
USD 506 Labette County
POSITION TITLE: Interim Assistant Principal
SCHOOL: Labette County High School- USD 506
SALARY RANGE: As established by the Board of Education
POSITION SUMMARY: USD 506 is currently accepting applications for an Interim Assistant Principal while the Asst. Principal is deployed in active military service. Applicants will be offered an initial contract from July 29th- 2019 through September 30th- 2019- with the possibility of extending it from October 1st through December 31st. An additional extension may be possible from January 1st- 2020 to June 5th- 2020. Job duties include- but are not limited to assisting the Principal in providing professional leadership to organize- administer- supervise- and evaluate a creative school program. To accomplish these tasks the incumbent must work closely with the staff and administration of USD 506- multiple community organizations- and with the staff of other school systems.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
Assistant Principal Essential Functions:
- Assist with the administration of district policies in the operation of the school.
- Assist the district in preparing our students for lifelong success through rigorous- quality academic instruction- career training- and character development according to each student’s gifts and talents (KSDE Board Goals & Outcomes).
- Assist in maintaining effective programs to strengthen and monitor pupil discipline- attendance- and individual progress.
- Assist with planning and organizing the school day and year to provide for efficient operation of the school.
- Assist with the development of an atmosphere of high expectation- respect- interest- and enthusiasm within the school.
- Assist with supervision and in providing for the general welfare of students during the school day- on school trips- and during school activities.
- Assist with the administration of the individual school budget.
- Assist in establishing an optimum learning environment within the school.
- Assist with the development of a functioning education philosophy consistent with the values of the community- teachers- school administration- and Board of Education.
- Assist with the selection and assignment of certificated and classified personnel.
- Assist in school compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of the various governmental agencies.
- Assist with the development of a program for the evaluation and improvement of instruction to ensure maximum educational benefits for students.
- Make effective use of consultants and specialists in program and staff development. Work cooperatively with peers in sharing ideas- techniques- and procedures for improvement of the learning environment.
- Delegate duties for effective staff utilization.
- Have knowledge of curriculum development.
- Assist with the maintenance of safe- clean- attractive- and well kept buildings and grounds.
- Ensure that all school programs and activities conform to district guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining school records and filing necessary reports.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Be flexible- positive- and proactive in the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Communicate effectively in a clear- explicit manner (verbally- electronically and in writing) so as to exhibit respect for students- colleagues- administration- parents- community members- and other key stakeholders.
- Masters degree from an accredited college/university
- Current Kansas certification for Building Administrator for the appropriate grade levels
Applications are available online at https://www.usd506.org. The completed application packet should include a completed application- letter of interest- resume- reference letters- and proof of KSDE Certification.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Dr. John Wyrick- Superintendent of Schools
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.https://labette.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=292
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas