Lakeside Elementary 2nd Grade
K-6 or K-9 License (HQ)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative; self-starter; multi-task oriented
- Time management skills
- Adaptable and dependable
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250.
- Support the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate filing systems.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students.
- Establish a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Work effectively with community organizations.
- Plan and implement effective lessons- using time- materials and resources effectively.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide individual differences.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
- Coordinate and supervise field trips.
- Assist with activities of student organizations.
- Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs- athletics- student recognition ceremonies- graduation and open house.
- Obtain advance approval of the Principal for all activities and expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned by Principal- or other Administrative Staff
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- Level 3 – Medium Work
- Exerting 20 - 50 pounds of force occasionally- and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently- and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly
- This work requires the following physical activities: climbing- bending- stooping- kneeling- twisting- reaching- walking- lifting- finger dexterity- grasping- repetitive motions.
- The work is performed indoors and outdoors year-round
- Extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
- Must work in noisy- and crowded environments.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas