Lakeside part-time Custodian
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of custodial duties.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Multi-task oriented
- Adaptable and dependable
- Desire to continue career improvement
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude
Functions and Responsibilities
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250.
- Support the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain accurate filing systems.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Work cooperatively with custodians of the building
- Keeps building and premises (including sidewalks- driveways- and play areas) neat and clean at all times.
- Cleans all classrooms- student gathering areas- and office areas daily according to district specifications.
- Cleans corridors and restrooms daily according to district specifications.
- Ensures all doors and windows are secured and all lights are turned off (except as necessary for safety reasons) at the close of each day.
- Immediately report unauthorized persons in building to principal.
- Immediately report damaged school property to the principal and maintenance director.
- Other duties as assigned by the head custodian- maintenance director- or administrative staff.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- Level 4 – Heavy Work
- Exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally- and/or up to 25-50 pounds of force frequently- and/or greater than negligible up to 10-20 pounds of force constantly.
- Extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Frequent stooping- bending- reaching- kneeling- crawling and turning.
- Requires climbing and balancing.
- Requires lifting- moving and carrying items up to 50 lbs.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Must work in and around dust- fumes- and odors.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
PO Drawer 75
Pittsburg, Kansas Go Back