MVW- School Secretary
USD 506 Labette County
Job Posting for the [year] School Year
POSITION TITLE: Elementary Secretary
SCHOOL: Meadow View
PERIOD OF POSITION: The Elementary Secretary job is a 10-month position- beginning August 1st- and ending one week after the last day of school.
PAYMENT RATE: As established by the Board of Education
POSITION SUMMARY: The Elementary Secretary provides office and clerical support to assist with the efficient operation of the school district. To accomplish these tasks- the Elementary Secretary works closely with the staff and administration USD 506.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ACT WorkKeys preferred.
- Health & Inoculation Certificate on file in the District Office (form will be provided after employment offer is made).
- Experience as a secretary.
- Demonstrate specific level of typing and filing skills.
- Experience in using various computers and computer programs.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- Provide office and clerical support to assist with the efficient operation of the school district.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Appropriately operate all equipment as required.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 506.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull- or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping- bending- and reaching.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments- while being able to use good time management skills and multi-task.
- Screen visitors and telephone calls- directing them to the appropriate person/department.
- Screen and route incoming mail.
- Compose- type- and copy correspondence- reports- bulletins- records- and other materials.
- Obtain- gather- and organize pertinent data as needed.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Schedule appointments- make travel arrangements- and assemble materials for meetings.
- Assist in planning meeting agendas- and assist in preparing meeting summaries.
- Maintain accurate attendance records- and report attendance problems to the Principal.
- Call parents to confirm absences.
- Distribute office passes and notes as directed.
- Maintain and submit a daily log of school hours completed.
- Report the honor roll each quarter.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of student books and teacher materials.
- Place requisitions for materials- verify quantities delivered- and distribute to staff.
- Assist with enrollment.
- Collect- report- and send to central office money received by the elementary office.
- Maintain building use log.
- Maintain accurate food service records and compile reports.
- Adhere to district policies at all times.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Applications are available online at https://www.usd506.org. The completed application packet should include a completed application- letter of interest- & resume.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices- which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position- without regard to race- color- religion- age- sex- disability- ancestry- or national origin.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Labette County USD 506 www.usd506.org
Labette County USD 506 encompasses 500 square miles of Labette County. The district serves over 1,600 students enrolled in a K-12 system, which is housed in five kindergarten through eighth grade elementary schools and one comprehensive high school serving grades nine through twelve. Administrative offices are located in the Curran Administrative Center, Altamont, KS. The district is a member of the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of the Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637. Communities served by the district are Altamont, Angola, Bartlett, Dennis, Edna, Valeda, Labette, Mound Valley, and a large portion of the west side of Parsons. Cities in the immediate area include Parsons, Coffeyville, and Independence. Larger cities nearby include Pittsburg, KS, Joplin, MO, and Bartlesville, OK. Agriculture and agriculture related business are primary sources of income in the district. The communities in the district are served by three area hospitals. Recreation is readily accessible through area golf courses, Big Hill Lake, and Lake Parsons.
P. O. Box 189 Altamont, Kansas