USD 473 math educators demonstrate a commitment to provide a safe and positive learning environment- which will empower all students to learn and achieve to their maximum potential and become responsible- productive citizens.
- The minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A valid Kansas Teacher’s Certificate (applicable level-area endorsements preferred).
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
- Ability to implement 21st Century Skills into the curriculum.
- Effectively implements the district-adopted math curriculum.
- Incorporates use of appropriate technology.
- Plans and delivers a math program that includes: demonstrations- lectures- discussions and hands-on activities.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the development and interest of the students.
- Communicates high expectations- assessment standards and learner expectations to all students.
- Maintains up-to-date records of student progress.
- Creates a positive- inviting and safe learning environment.
- Models enthusiasm for learning and teaching and treats others with dignity and respect.
- Communicates effectively and promotes positive interpersonal relationships.
- Communicates realistic and consistent expectations for student behavior and applies appropriate consequences.
- Demonstrates conflict resolution skills and maintains confidentiality.
- Supports the District’s educational mission for all students and implements all Board regulations and policies in a fair and equitable manner.
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the principal or superintendent may assign.
While performing the duties of this job- the employee is frequently required to walk- sit- talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision- distance vision- depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. On occasion the employee may be required to work extended houhttps://usd473.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=147
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Chapman/USD 473 www.usd473.net/
USD 473, Chapman has a Student enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Our district includes: Head Start, Wee Lads and Lasses Preschool, Rural Center Elementary (K-4), Blue Ridge Elementary (K-5), Enterprise Elementary (K-5), Chapman Elementary (K-5), Chapman Middle School (6-8) , and Chapman High School (9-12).
All Schools received Standards of Excellence Awards. *Chapman High School received the Governor`s Achievement Award twice *Chapman High School received the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award in 2013*Chapman High School FFA-Triple Crown Award Winner in 2012 & 2013* Blue Ridge Elementary is Governors Academic Achievement Award Winner. *Blue Ridge, Enterprise and Rural Center Elementary received the Challenge Award of Recognition. *Students score above state & national average.* Low pupil/teacher ratio. *All-day Kindergarten. *Many state & national recognitions & awards. *All programs fully accredited. *Nationally recognized music/FFA/business programs. *Numerous extra-curricular activities. *Career and Technical Education Classes. * Big Red 1 Adopt-A-School Partnership.
822 N Marshall St Chapman, Kansas