Middle School Math Teacher - USD 383
Valid Kansas teacher’s certificate and endorsement in the area of application or assignment.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Position
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To lead and direct students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the District.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Guides students in maintaining acceptable standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or students group involved.
- Demonstrates instructional and interpersonal strategies and techniques that are responsive to the cultural, ethnic, economic and linguistic differences of students.
- Teaches all students from a culturally inclusive perspective and establishes an expectation that classroom language and behaviors value differences.
- Supports students in their efforts to discover and share their own cultural identities and teaches students the appropriate language for asking questions about the culture of other people.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluates students progress on a continuing basis and reports at designated times.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for educationally related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in staff, curricular, and faculty meetings.
- Participates in district and building in-service activities.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selections of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Placement on The Salary Schedule. Benefits include Health Insurance, Short-term Disability, Employer Paid 403B, Paid Sick/ Personal Leave.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluating in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Teachers. Manhattan-Ogden USD 383
403 B Contributions, Health, Coverage, Personal & Sick Leave, Short-term Disability Placement on the Salary Schedule Job Start Date:
January-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
0000 0000 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0000
Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 www.usd383.org/manhattan-ogden
We are redirecting you to apply for the Certified position at www.usd383.org. Follow the link to Employment & Services, Employment Opportunities. (E.O.E.)
2031 Poyntz Ave Manhattan, Kansas