Greenbush is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Migrant Recruitment/Advocacy Specialist within the Topeka or Junction City, KS region. The Migrant Recruitment & Advocacy Specialist is responsible for assisting with the Identification and Recruitment (IDR) of migrant students and families throughout the North Central region. The Recruiter/Advocate will work with families, school districts, agri-business owners and operators, and community resources to identify and recruit migrant students as part of a statewide team.
Start date is March 18, 2019 or upon availability. This is a 40-hours per week, full-time position. Job will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting with the Identification and Recruitment (ID and R) of migrant students and families in the North Central region of Kansas. Additionally, this position will work with school districts, agribusiness owners and operators, and community resources to fully identify migrant students as part of a statewide team of recruiters. Accurate eligibility information is gathered through interviews and follow-up communications with families and individuals. Technology is utilized to complete necessary data entry into local and State databases. Regular attendance at local and state assigned professional development is essential.
1. Experience working with migrant families, students, or speakers of other languages.
2. Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
3. Ability to perform data entry using a computer along with strong attention to detail.
4. Ability to communicate and work well with diverse populations, and willingness and ability to adhere to Statewide procedures and standards.
5. Must have a valid driver`s license.
1. Bachelor of Arts degree or experience in the Kansas Migrant Education Program
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish
1. Identify and recruit migrant students through schools, home interviews, businesses, churches, and communities in the assigned region.
2. Assist with conducting the Home Language Surveys for identification purposes.
3. Support the Director in assisting superintendents with an infrastructure that will screen potential migrant students throughenrollment processes.
4. Work with school principals, counselors, and secretaries to screen enrollment of new students and follow up with parents toassess family eligibility and family needs.
5. Obtain training and information to remain current on all Federal and State COE requirements and standards.
6. Become familiar with Kansas school districts, communities, and agribusinesses in order to continually survey the area for migrantfamilies on an ongoing basis.
7. Establish working relationship with other community resources, agencies, and agribusiness personnel.
8. Work with other State Migrant Recruiters to ensure all new students in the area are being interviewed and assessed for programeligibility.
9. Attend State ID and R training events as required by the State ID and R Coordinator
1. Type, proofread and edit a variety of letters, forms, and documents related to program business.
2. Compile and submit statistical data.
3. Interpret and translate as needed and at the discretion of the Director.
4. Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
5. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
6. Must maintain strict confidentiality
7. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
8. Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
9. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
10. Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
11. Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
12. Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
1. Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
2. Daily travel with significant time in a vehicle. Occasional overnight travel, both in and out of state will also be required.
3. Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
4. Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
5. Requires ability to read and evaluate information on the printed, State- adopted COE form and procedures.
6. May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!