Nursing Instructor - PN Program
Nursing Instructor- PN Program
- Serve as a professional role model for students.
- Support and consistently apply the guidelines established for the students and the Nursing Program, including those appearing in the Student Handbook.
- Assist in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the total curriculum.
- Review and ensure accuracy of course materials before posting on web or distributing to students or other faculty.
- Assigns students to the available units and evaluates the clinical/observational and simulation experiences.
- Perform classroom/clinical teaching as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Make appropriate arrangements for alternate faculty in the event of scheduled class/clinical absences, and submit Class Absence Form in advance for Director’s approval.
- Notify Director of Nursing immediately in the event of illness or emergency requiring unscheduled classroom or clinical absence.
- Evaluate learning experiences at the completion of each course.
- Assist with the organization of the skills lab as assigned.
- Regularly advise nursing students regarding academic standing and progress.
- Maintain student grades and attendance on Self-Service and as directed.
- Discuss student progress with the Director of Nursing and co-instructors when necessary or as directed.
- Maintain a minimum of six weekly posted office hours for student consultation.
- Meet with designated advisees as needed for purposes of advising, enrollment, and career counseling.
- Serve on college and department committees as assigned.
- Submit all paperwork requests for typing or photocopying to the department secretary at least one week in advance of their use.
- Recommend required textbooks, instructional media and books for adoption and/or purchase by the Learning Resource Center to the Director.
- Participate in the interview process for prospective nursing faculty and staff as assigned.
- Participate in the interview process for prospective nursing students as assigned.
- Actively recruit students and assist with student registration.
- Sponsor student and college activities as assigned.
- Attend all scheduled nursing faculty department meetings and division meetings unless excused by the Director of Nursing.
- Implement established policies with contracted clinical facilities.
- Participate in clinical orientation for faculty as requested by the assigned clinical facility or by the Director.
- Maintain and seek to improve currency and competency in nursing skills, issues, and trends related to assigned content area of teaching.
- Maintain membership in at least one professional organization (strongly encouraged but not required).
- Comply with student and CPR requirements.
- Clinical faculty, meet all student health requirements as noted in the Nursing Student Handbook
- Non-clinical faculty, CPR only
- Notify Director of Nursing immediately if change in RN licensure status or revocation.
- Assist with annual department inventory
- Fulfill other departmental duties as assigned and implement decisions made by the Director of Nursing.
- Assume other duties within the guidelines and policies of the Faculty, Nursing Faculty, and the Employee’s Handbook as designated by the administration.
- Support college activities through attendance and/or participation.
- Coordinate with Director of Nursing and other faculty as needed.
- Instructor shall maintain currency in the teaching discipline as required to maintain quality in the curriculum.
- Shall possess and maintain appropriate and effective classroom methods, techniques, materials and strategies, as well as advising and interpersonal skills with students, prospective students, and co-workers.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas required.
- Recent clinical and/or nursing education experience required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required for PN program, Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Masters of Science in Nursing required for ADN program.
- Unrestricted Kansas Registered Nurse License required.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt.
For full consideration, send completed PCC employment application, resume and copies of transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. You may also visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
Transcripts – The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
Start date: Immediately
PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status in its programs and activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/notice
Pratt Community College reserves the right to revise or change job responsibilities as the need occurs. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment; rather, it is a clarification of the responsibilities of the position. This position description may be changed at any time by the Pratt Community College administration.
Pratt Community College
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt
Pratt Community College
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt. Job Start Date:
January-6-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Rita Pinkall - email@example.com - 620-450-2139
Pratt Community College prattcc.edu
Must apply via http://prattcc.edu/ to receive full consideration.
PRATT COMMUNITY COLLEGE does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law in all aspects of employment & admission in its education programs or activities. Complete notice can be found at: http://prattcc.edu/eeoEmployer Address:
348 NE SR 61 Pratt, Kansas