Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking a quality driven Occupational Therapist for the 2019-2020 school year. Candidate must be a licensed OT with a current Kansas license. Person hired would work with an interdisciplinary team of therapists and school staff. Occupational Therapists are responsible for evaluations, IEP writing, and providing direct and indirect services to school-aged students, as indicated on the students’ Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The primary role of the Occupational Therapist is to provide services to children in the PreK – 12 school setting. The OT will be responsible for the evaluation of children and the implementation and progress monitoring of the Individual Education Plan. The Occupational Therapist will also be responsible for appropriate communication (verbal & written) with teachers and other school personnel, billing specialists, family members, physicians and Medicaid.
1. Minimum of Kansas licensure or certification within discipline.
2. Ability to participate in lifting and floor activities with children.
3. Working knowledge and use of assessment tools used in the evaluation of school aged children.
4. Valid Kansas driver’s license.
1. Experience working in the school setting and with children with developmental delays.
2. Knowledge of technology and video conferencing.
1. Complete thorough evaluation, including muscle tone, range of motion/mobility, orthopedic/splinting needs, movement analysis, perceptive/fine motor skills, sensory motor processing and functional activities of daily living.
2. Educate and demonstrate (verbally or written) therapy techniques to school staff that can be incorporated into a school or community program.
3. With parent and teacher input, develop individualized goals for each child incorporating functional abilities with the objective to increase daily living skills.
4. Develop and implement treatment program to meet the individual needs of the child.
5. Maintain professional clinical competency by attending staff meetings, in-service training, and continuing education courses as appropriate or required.
6. Maintain communication with child`s primary physician, as needed, through progress reports or other communication measures.
7. Assess and make recommendations regarding the use of adaptive equipment as needed and provide written justification and coordinate purchase of equipment for a child with team members, service coordinator, intake/billing specialists, families, and school staff.
8. Fabricate adaptive equipment/splints as indicated.
9. Responsible for timely documentation of evaluation results, progress reports, discharge reports, daily notes, attendance reports, Medicaid prior authorizations, insurance justifications as required and all required IDEA and/or Medicaid billing documentation.
1. Must support the mission, goals and objectives of Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and of district(s) where assigned.
2. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Must maintain strict confidentiality.
4. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce accurate work as requested by Supervisor.
5. Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
6. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate in writing, email and verbally.
7. Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
8. Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and / or assigned district(s).
9. Must perform other duties as assigned.
1. Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
2. Requires long periods of sitting or standing.
3. Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
4. Must be able to drive to and from work sites.
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!