The Occupational Therapist at Heartspring Residential School administers assessments, plans and implements programs, and conducts occupational therapy treatment through direct and/or consultative services. The OT also supervises any Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and their program delivery.
Primary Functions include:
- Complete standardized and/or informal testing and functional assessments to assess fine motor skill or measure progress.
- Provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to residential and/or day-only students as specified in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Consult with student teams in preparation for IEP meetings.
- Attend IEP meetings as assigned.
- Draft OT present level of performance reports and goals prior to IEP meetings.
- Write programs and procedures as determined by the team in order to support IEP goals and objectives.
- Attend student review meetings as scheduled.
- Track quality and quantity of OT data and compile data for all IEP objectives.
- Train staff on new/revised OT programs and procedures as needed.
- Document direct and indirect services provided for each student.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, group insurance and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance, some continuing education, licensure and professional dues. Compensation:
Competitive salary based on experience. Job Start Date:
July-15-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Julie Noller - email@example.com - 316-634-8796
The Heartspring School is a therapeutic residential and day school program for children with severe developmental disabilities from across the United States. Many of these children cannot be served adequately through programs in their home school districts and look to Heartspring for its unique individualized programming, which utilizes evidence-based and emerging best practices. Students often have multiple diagnoses, including autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, speech and language impairments, visual impairments and other developmental disabilities.
For more information visit our website at http://www.heartspring.org/.
8700 E 29th St N Wichita, Kansas