PHS Assistant Volleyball Coach
This position is for an assistant volleyball coach at Pittsburg High School. Duties include- but are not limited to:
- Assisting head coach in practices and games
- Coaching sub-varsity competition
- Assisting and leading drills and instruction during practices
- Knowledge and understanding of the sport of volleyball
- Communication with players- parents- staff- and administration
- Attendance and supervision at all practices and games
- Coaching clinics
Purpose: The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in promoting an appreciation of physical fitness- teamwork and sportsmanship and in providing leadership and supervision for team and individual sports- working closely with the staff and administration of USD 250.
Reports to: Head Coach- Building Principal and Athletic/Activity Director
Pay Rate: According to Negotiated Agreement
Term of Employment: As required by the sport
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license.
- Experience coaching/playing in particular sport.
- Successful completion of ASEP (American Sports Education Program) tests.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors- co-workers- and students.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Standards:
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of team and individual sports.
- Promote an appreciation of physical fitness- teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Work with parents- booster clubs and other community organizations as needed.
- Help students achieve gains in athletic skills and team performance.
- Assist in the collection of physical evaluation forms and permission forms.
- Ensure that student athletes adhere to training rules- lettering policies- grade requirements and rules of behavior.
- Assist in the continual supervision of student athletes on the bus- on the field- in conditioning and in the locker and shower rooms.
- Ensure that health and safety precautions are observed during all activities.
- Immediately report all major injuries incurred during practice sessions or competition to the appropriate medical personnel- Head Coach- Athletic/Activity Director and principal.
- Collaborate with middle school coaches to develop similar language and techniques to support transition to high school.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Building Principal or Athletic/Activity Director.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move- lift- carry- pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Requires stooping- bending and reaching.
- Requires some travel that may or may not require driving.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas