Paraprofessional - Deaf Education
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Deaf Education Paraprofessional.
Anticipated start date: December 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: Facilitates communication and provides services that will enable the student to reach his/her fullest potential in communicative situations. The paraprofessional must work closely with the education team serving the visually impaired and/or hearing impaired child.
- Minimum high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Maintain a current health and inoculation certificate on file in the central office.
- Proficient command of sign language systems as well as the English language.
- Bachelor`s degree in related field.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s license.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district, cooperative, and community.
- Participate as a team member in the comprehensive evaluation, re-evaluation process, and IEP process.
- Adhere to all district and cooperative health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Participate in off-campus activities and field trips. The paraprofessional may be required to transport students in a van or school bus.
- Work with the classroom teachers to make the necessary accommodations for the student.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district and cooperative guidelines.
- Utilize non-class time for pre-reading and previewing instructional materials, as well as for consultation and collaboration with teachers and members of educational team.
- Develop a paraprofessional substitute folder in the event of absences.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
Greenbush ESC # 609
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires prolonged sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
- Requires daily travel.
- Frequently requires signing continually in 25-minute time segments with periods of at least 5 minutes of rest in between.
- All levels, may require occasional physical management and lifting of students as part of behavior management procedures.
- May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
December-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Alice Corn - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas