Paraprofessional 3-5 #CHCS-B -- Pittsburg
PLEASE APPLY AT www.sek-cap.com
POSITION SUMMARY: Support comprehensive functions of all center staff to ensure an interesting and secure environment that encourages play, exploration, safety and learning for children participating in the Head Start program.
- Follow the daily schedule and allow children the opportunity to make choices in learning experiences.
- Interact with children in ways that facilitate the development of comprehension and expressive language.
- Work cooperatively and appropriately with volunteers, professional partners, and co-workers.
- Demonstrate realistic expectations about children’s attention spans, interest, social abilities, and physical needs.
- Team with center staff to provide an inviting, engaging and responsive learning environment.
- Assist with observations and documentation of each child’s progress.
- Float among classrooms to meet supervision requirements for all children.
- Eat meals with children as assigned.
- Adhere to all bus monitor training per Policies and Procedures.
- Act as Bus Monitor on assigned routes as needed.
- Responsible to assist children to exit the bus in the event of an emergency.
- Utilize Positive Behavior Support (PBS) strategies to prevent and defuse challenging behavior.
- Comply with Head Start Performance Standards, Licensing Requirements, and Program Policies.
- Respect and support cultural differences and diverse family structures.
- Demonstrate good work habits such as arriving on time and adhering to appropriate break times.
- Attend mandatory In-Service trainings and staff meetings.
- Responsibility to report any suspected abuse or neglect to appropriate authority.
- Advocate for SEK-CAP, Inc. in the community.
- Maintain and assure confidentiality and privacy of SEK-CAP, Inc. customers.
- Uphold and promote the core values and mission statement of SEK-CAP, Inc.
- Support management decisions both in actions and words.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic computer skills
- Basic operation skills of general office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, and phone systems.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the general public and to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Must be able to interact with children, families and co-workers in a optimistic manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with co-workers, community partners, and customers.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards.
- Knowledge of area resources.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Development
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Obtain CDA within 18 months or Associates in ECD.
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days.
- Obtain Bus Monitoring training at first available opportunity.
- Successfully complete a physical exam and TB skin test before beginning employment and every three years thereafter.
- Submit to and pass standard criminal history check.
- Submit to and pass standard drug screen test.
- Possess current, valid driver’s license and meet agency insurance underwriting guidelines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Sit or occasionally stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to thirty pounds.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Outside weather conditions.
- Extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.SEK-CAP, Inc. Job Start Date:
July-26-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
0000 0000 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0000
SEK-CAP, Inc. www.sek-cap.com
Community Action Program
401 N Sinnet Girard, Kansas