Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Parents as Teachers Parent Educator to provide home-based services to families of young children prenatal to six years of age in Labette County.
PAT is a 12 month program and requires some evening appointments. One week-long certification training is required upon employment. Average of 30 hours per week with a starting salary of $17 per hour.
Job Summary: Responsible for the successful implementation of the Parents As Teachers Program in local school districts. These services include home-visits, coordination of group meetings, monitoring local resource centers, and providing promotional materials that will encourage parents with children under the age of three to participate in the program on a voluntary basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree in child development, human development, education or related field.
2. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
3. Current on immunizations.
1. Provide the Parents As Teachers Program to a predetermined number of families for each participating school district.
2. Implement strategies for the recruitment of families, including the placement of brochures, conducting presentations for community groups, and establishing positive working relationships with local service and educational agencies.
3. Conduct private home visits, discuss developmental information, provide screening services, model positive parenting techniques, and serve as a resource for participating families.
4. Maintain a local resource center to provide parents and school staff with instructional materials that can be checked-out for use with children.
5. Organize and facilitate group meetings among participating parents.
6. Maintain family information as required by the Kansas State Board of Education.
7. Complete continuing education requirements as required by the Parents As Teachers National Center.
1. Represent the Education Service Center and Parents As Teachers at local and state meetings
2. Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
3. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
4. Must maintain strict confidentiality
5. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
6. Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
7. Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
8. Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
9. Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
10. Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
1. Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
2. Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
3. Requires visits to be conducted in private residences that may not be handicapped accessible.
4. Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions.
5. May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
Greenbush ESC # 609
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!