Parents As Teachers Assistant
Parents as Teachers (PAT) Assistant
The PAT assistant will help plan for and keep specific- objective and concise records of all personal home visits
with families enrolled in PAT. The assistant will work as part of a team and participate in playgroups-
activity groups- group meetings and recruitment activities as scheduled.
- Good employment rating.
- Additional qualifications as the Board of Education determines appropriate.
- Spanish speaking requiredRequirements:
- Successfully complete the Parents as Teachers Foundation and Model Implementation training.
- Maintain curriculum certification with professional development assigned by program coordinator
- Commit to one year of employment after PAT training is completedEssential Functions:
- Provide assistance with parent education through regular personal visits implementing the Parents as Teachers curriculum.
- Assess family needs and provide developmentally appropriate information- guidance- and support to parents.
- Support and enhance the work of the existing Parents as Teachers program.
- Coordinate services with other community programs offering services to parents and their young children.
- Ensure all activities conform to Federal- State and District guidelines.
- Work to implement the vision and mission of the District.Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Have the ability to travel in personal or school district vehicle.
Be flexible regarding scheduling- working conditions- and locations.
- Understand that some physical exertion may be required.General Responsibilities:
- Assist in serving families including successful completion of face-to-face visits and group meetings.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Become qualified to administer developmental screenings; ASQ3- ASQ-SE- OAE hearing screen.
- Actively recruit families to participate in the program.
- Promote optimal parent-child interaction and infant- toddler- and child development.
- Observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Program Supervisor.Personal Characteristics
- Possess effective communication skills and be comfortable relating to strangers.
- Develop trusting relationships with parents as a model for parent-child relationships.
- Use appropriate work-related behavior- dress- and attitude toward fellow professionals.
- Establish and maintain appropriate professional relationship with families.
- Adhere to required confidentiality practices.
- Monitor and manage a healthy balance between personal and professional responsibilities.
- Use time and resources effectively to manage personal stress and meet job requirements.Term of Employment: As determined by administrator. Board of Education Approval:
- Payment Rate:
- Program Year July1-June30
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Lyons USD 405 www.usd405.com
Unified School District #405 is located in Lyons, the county seat of Rice County. The district is comprised of four attendance centers with a total student enrollment of approximately 800 students. The district employs 107 certified staff and approximately 158 classified staff.
Why work for USD 405 - Lyons?
800 S. Workman Lyons, Kansas