Part time ESOL para
ESOL Paraprofessional - Part Time (Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:45 a.m.-3:05 p.m.)
Purpose: The ESOL Paraprofessional assists the Instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students.
Reports to: Building Principal and Supervising Teacher
Pay Rate: Compensation is based upon education and experience
Terms of Employment: School year term
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree or two years of post secondary education is preferred.
- General knowledge of basic technology.
- Experience in working with and supervising groups of children.
- Successfully passes para test (required).
- Ability to read- write- and speak English- and one or more other languages preferably.
- Interest in and respect for a variety of cultures
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors- co-workers- and students.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform responsibilities without necessity of close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the school district community.
- Ability to meet attendance standards to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain a generally positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with several teachers and students at different grade levels- and at various content areas.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Universal USD 250 Classified Standards:
- Assist teachers with providing instruction to students who have been identified as English Language Learners.
- Support the philosophy and mission of USD 250 and the value of education.
- Comply with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguard confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates pleasantly and effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provide excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace to insure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district- state- and federal guidelines.
- React to change positively and productively.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies- including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Assist in supervision of students both within and outside the classroom.
- Assist in establishing a positive learning environment- and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Appropriately operate all classroom equipment.
- Assist students with class assignments individually and in small groups.
- Tutor students as directed individually and in small groups.
- Assist teacher with small group instruction.
- Assist in monitoring student progress.
- Grade papers and assist teacher with record keeping.
- Prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
- Assist teacher in the maintenance and inventory of supplies and materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Level 3 – Medium Work
- Exerting 20 - 50 pounds of force occasionally- and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force frequently- and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Occasional crawling- balancing- stooping- bending- reaching and stairs.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced- multi-faceted work environment.
- Requires lifting- moving- carrying- pulling or pushing heavy objects or materials.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas