Preschool Lead Teacher
The Family Resource Center- Inc.
Job Description - Preschool Lead Teacher
Job Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood Services
- Job Summary: Responsible for all activities conducted in preschool unit including programming- curriculum planning- child assessments/developmental checklists- staffing- cleaning- food service- toileting- communications to parents- center staff- and unit staff. This is a ten-month position with additional contract days in other units. This position reports from August 1-May 31. *This postition will begin October 14- 2019 for remainder of current school year.
- Education/Experience Requirements: B.S. or M.S. in early childhood education- special education or elementary education degree with early childhood endorsement.
- License/Certification/Registration: Kansas Teaching Certificate
- Work Environment: Work in well lighted and ventilated area. Hazardous materials- inventory- and MSDS available in Director’s office. May be exposed to children with communicable diseases. Work with and around regulated waste. Wear personal protective equipment as needed.
Major Responsibilities- Job Duties- and Projects:
- Assist in the maintenance of the established unit policies and procedures- objectives- quality assurance program- safety- and infection control standards.
- Create and implement daily/weekly/monthly lesson plans using curriculum provided.
- Complete child assessments as needed and developmental checklists quarterly.
- Complete various unit forms- records and MTSS in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain up to date child portfolio files on each child in class.
- Schedule and complete quarterly Parent/Teacher conferences. (2 face to face conferences and 2 written conferences/updates)
- Assist in the inventory of all needed supplies regularly.
- Act as a receptionist when receiving visitors to the unit.
- Receive and dispatch unit communications to pertinent personnel.
- Participate in designated educational programs- staff training/in-service and meetings.
- Assist with care and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Assist in maintenance of unit records- reports- and files as required.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of fire- disaster- infection control- and safety procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of children’s information and knowledge about other employees gained through their position.
- Assist in planning and attending 2 Family Nights during the school year.
- Adhere to all center policies and procedures- rules and regulations.
- Become familiar with NAEYC Standards and implement them in classroom.
- Be consistently on time and ready to work at the start of the shift.
- Demonstrate dependability on the job by adhering to attendance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Pittsburg USD 250 www.usd250.org
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural area surrounding our community. Over 2,700 students and 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment for students pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, and an alternative education setting. All our facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced with about 60% of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, providing our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
Unified School District 250 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment procedures, educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Destry Brown, Superintendent of Schools, 510 Deill, PO Drawer 75, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (620) 235-3100.
510 Deill Pittsburg, Kansas