Preschool Teacher-The Center
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Preschool Teacher at The Center in Pittsburg, KS.
Anticipated start date: October 14, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing daily opportunities and experiences to enhance school readiness skills for all students enrolled in the preschool program. Teachers will use early childhood developmentally appropriate practices to provide a high-quality learning environment.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Elementary or Early Childhood Education
- Kansas Certified Teacher (early childhood or elementary education)
- Utilize a thematic approach to plan and incorporate daily and weekly activities based on developmentally appropriate practices. The Creative Curriculum will be the curriculum used.
- Document all planned activities in yearly lesson plan curriculum guide.
- Engage children daily in activities that provide opportunities to enhance their social/emotional, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills and language developmental domains.
- Engage children daily in small group, large group and individual activities.
- Maintain a positive classroom approach and atmosphere with all children that promotes their individual abilities and strengths.
- Maintain, expand and enhance learning center (blocks, writing, dramatic play, arts, science, reading, etc) as guided by children’s evolving experiences.
- Monitor student progress regularly and make quality, timely decisions regarding referrals for additional services.
- Communicate with parents of students on a regular basis via parent/teacher conferences, written notes, calls and/or classroom newsletters.
- Communicate regularly with building principal and Early Childhood Director regarding enrollment, approved expenditures, and developmental progress of students.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student/family information.
- Assist in recruiting children by securing applications for yearly enrollment.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling turning, and reaching.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
- May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
Greenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
October-14-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Monica Murnan - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas