School Nurse, RN, Turner High CR00484
Apply Here: https://www.applitrack.com/turnerusd202/onlineapp/
Purpose: The School Nurse helps students attain an optimum level of physical, social, and emotional health. In order to coordinate a comprehensive student health program, the School Nurse must work closely with students, staff, administration and parents of the Turner School District.
Responsible to: Principal
Payment Rate: Salary and benefits determined by the Negotiated Agreement
- Current Kansas Board of Nursing License
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Human Resources office (after employment offer is made)
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance
- Assist all students attain an optimum level of physical, social, and emotional health with consideration of individual health needs.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive health program for students and employees of the district.
- Ensure all activities conform to Federal, State, and District guidelines.
- Communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- React to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Operate all equipment appropriately as required to perform duties.
- Advocate with staff and administration to meet the educational and health issues of special needs students.
- Assist in the implementation of the vision and mission of the District.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Have ability to travel in personal or school district vehicle.
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Be flexible regarding scheduling, working conditions, and locations.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments with numerous interruptions.
- Establish and maintain a preventive, comprehensive health program for students and employees of the District.
- Conduct general student health appraisals to include, but not limited to vision, hearing, and measuring and weighing as needed for medication purposes.
- Conduct health assessments and coordinate a comprehensive program of care for students who are injured or who become ill at school until parents/guardian can assume responsibility.
- Notify parents and building administrators when student is severely ill or injured and provide guidelines for exclusion and readmission to school.
- Coordinate a program of communicable disease control based upon Kansas immunization laws to include maintaining records for each student, communicating such requirements to parents, and reporting to appropriate agency.
- Provide staff with first-aide training and supplies for student use.
- Report school accidents to the appropriate district personnel.
- Monitor and enforce medication guidelines as directed in Board of Education policy.
- Promote age-appropriate health and dental examinations for all students and provide resource information to staff and/or parents/guardians according to approved Board of Education procedures.
- Communicate with parents, staff, medical personnel, and community agencies and assist with referral needs as appropriate following release of information and confidentiality procedures.
- Assist in writing health curriculum and providing for instruction.
- Counsel with administrators and teachers on an as needed basis concerning an individual student’s health concerns.
- Differentiate and provide for individual health care needs for students with disabilities and/or exceptionalities.
- Assist students in developing feelings of self-worth and making appropriate social adjustments.
- Manage student records confidentially and electronically.
- Report immediately to the Director of Special Services any safety hazards or unsanitary conditions observed in the school environment.
- Obtain approval from the Director of Special Services the supplies needed for a comprehensive health program and maintain supplies appropriately.
- Supervise staff members per state delegation laws.
- Observe and follow school district procedures and policies to support the total school management process.
- Keep current on new information, innovative ideas and techniques by participating in professional growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Special Services and/or other Administrative staff.
Term of Employment: Academic school year as assigned
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Kansas Statues and the Board of Education Policy.
Turner USD 202
Competitive salary and benefits Job Start Date:
November-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Alan Penrose - email@example.com - 913-288-3300
Turner USD 202 www.turnerusd202.org
For more information on Turner follow the link below:
800 South 55th Street Kansas City, Kansas