School Nurse position for K-12.
School Nurse Job Description:
General expectations of all employees of USD 294 are to have the ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with other members of the school district and the community; to have the ability to implement and follow the vision and mission of the district; to observe and follow district policies and guidelines at all times; and to have the desire to continue career improvement by enhancing job skills and performance.
Purpose: The school nurse maintains the health records of all students within the district. They oversee the development and education of good health practices with students and staff. The school nurse works closely with students, parents, staff, and administration and is responsible to the superintendent and building principals. Salary and benefits are to be established by the USD 294 Board.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. RN Degree
3. Experience in public health nursing, community health nursing, pediatric nursing
4. Experience with the keeping of health records, testing, and implementing wellness and health plans
5. First Aid and CPR certified
6. Computer experience
7. Desire to work with youth
1. Provide Counsel and assistance to student’s and staff’s health needs, illness, injuries, or emergencies as needed daily
2. To maintain the required health immunizations of students in the district
3. Arrange various health screening programs including growth, vision, and hearing, and conduct follow-up testing
4. To advise in the development of health instruction, wellness plans, and school community health activities
5. To keep the school district’s emergency manual and injury treatment plan up to date, and provide training to staff on these issues
6. To implement and follow all district first aid, health, and safety policies including all precautions of the BBP exposure control plan
7. To perform other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by the building principals or superintendent
Oberlin USD 294
Oberlin USD 294Oberlin USD 294
USD 294 in Oberlin is located in Northwest Kansas. Oberlin is nestled in the Sappa Valley at the intersection of US Highway 36 and 83. The location provides a small town atmosphere with most needed city amenities only 27 miles away. Oberlin offers an exciting blend of history, recreation, family-oriented activities, and scenic beauty. Oberlin is a community which wants to share its past, present, and future with you.
USD 294 is an outstanding school district that has a strong tradition in student academic success, music, and athletics. All students are provided with a tremendous education, and the district has strong community and alumni support. Are school technology is a selling point with 1:1 Chromebooks and the entire Google Suite to utilize toward education. Several different organizations offer scholarship opportunities for all our students at Decatur Community High School, DCHS. The DCHS Scholarship Program would compare to any district in the state, and the success of our students is amazing. Students who want to attend college have a tremendous opportunity to do so after graduating from USD 294. DCHS has many very successful graduates who still support the school district and the community.
Oberlin is the Decatur County Seat with a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Oberlin has a community hospital, golf course, frisby golf course, State Park, an active community building, a community movie theater/bowling alley, a brand new city pool as of 2015, and numerous recreational activities. Oberlin community has a tremendous environment and is a great place to work and raise a family.