The Reno County Education Cooperative has an opening for a school psychologist for the 2020-2021 school year. At RCEC, the school psychologists are a vital part of our Mental/Behavioral Health Department. We provide a supportive, collaborative work environment focused on meeting student needs and furthering our competencies as professionals. RCEC schools are in various stages of redesign which offers awesome opportunity to rethink and refresh how services are provided to students. RCEC embraces the NASP practice model and encourages the expanded role of the school psychologist. Interns are welcome to apply. Students interested in a practicum experience at RCEC are encouraged to contact us.
School psychologists assist children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally and emotionally. They conduct effective decision making using a foundation of assessment and data collection providing services to schools and families that enhance the competence and well-being of children.
The school psychologist performs the following essential job functions:
1. The school psychologist uses data-based decision making and accountability to promote student learning.
2. The school psychologist utilizes effective consultation and collaboration skills to promote student learning.
3. The school psychologist utilizes interventions and instructional support strategies to develop academic skills in students.
4. The school psychologist oversees school-wide practices to promote student learning.
5. The school psychologist promotes preventive and responsive services to enhance student learning.
6. The school psychologist utilizes interventions and mental health services to enhance social skills and life skills learning in students.
7. The school psychologist promotes family-school collaboration to enhance student learning.
8. The school psychologist promotes diversity to enhance student development and learning.
9. The school psychologist utilizes research and program evaluation to enhance student learning.
10. The school psychologist follows legal, ethical and professional practices to enhance student learning.
Applicants for this position must hold a license from the Kansas State Board of Education with an endorsement in school psychology or be eligible for a license upon the start of the school year.
Complete the online application at www.rcec610.com.
The following documents are also needed for your application to be considered complete and eligible to advance through the screening/interview/hiring process.
If you are unable to attach these items, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 620-663-1275 or mail them to Director of Special Education, Reno County Education Cooperative, 2500 E 30th Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67502. Please call Lena at 620-663-7178 should you have additional questions about the application process.
A more complete job description for the position is available upon request.
Reno County Education Cooperative (RCEC) is a progressive, team oriented interlocal providing special education services to students in the school districts of Buhler, Nickerson-South Hutchinson, Haven, Fairfield and Pretty Prairie. The RCEC office is located in Hutchinson, Kansas which is in the south-central part of the state. RCEC serves students from birth to 21 by providing both direct and indirect educational services. RCEC offers a continuum of educational services and partners with other school districts for early childhood programming and alternative education. RCEC employs over 250 licensed staff and paraeducators. RCEC offers competitive salaries and health benefits, tuition reimbursement for qualified applicants, and district-sponsored professional development.