If interested apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/newtonk12/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Student+Support+Services
Cooper Early Education Center
POSITION TITLE: School Social Worker
1. Licensed by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
3. Minimum requirement of Master`s Degree
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To help students and families resolve personal, emotional, and social problems which interfere with the child’s adjustment to school.
1. Performs casework service with individual students to correct those personal, social, or emotional maladjustment’s related to their educational and social progress.
2. Performs casework with parents as an integral part of the task of helping students, to increase the parents’ understanding, their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
3. Consults and collaborates with other school personnel in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
4. Supervises the referral of students to, and serves as liaison with, such outside agencies as the Department of Children and Families, Health Department, Juvenile Court, etc., as appropriate.
5. Makes home visits for the purpose of gathering helpful information on a student’s background.
6. Serves as liaison between home and school when considerable follow-up is necessary.
7. Assists students directly toward adjustment to school.
8. Keeps sufficient records of cases for use by school staff members and outside agencies when appropriate.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and length of contract to be established by the board of education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Ability to work with individual students to correct personal, social, or emotional maladjustment’s related to their educational and social progress.
· Ability to work with other school personnel to establish and plan for respective roles in the modification of student behavior
Newton USD 373
Newton USD 373Newton USD 373
The Newton Public Schools offer a wide array of programs in a hometown environment that is often not found in large metropolitan areas. USD 373 serves approximately 3,769 students including Newton, North Newton, Walton and surrounding rural areas. The teacher/pupil ratio is 1/10. Salary for first year teachers is $37,000. The mission of USD 373 is to prepare its students to be capable, contributing participants in a changing world. In addition to regular classes, Newton students have access to vocational and technical programs that are ranked among the top in the state. Schools in the district include:
1 - Early Childhood
5 - Elementary
1- 5th/6th Center
1 - Middle School
1 - High School
Professional development for teachers and staff is a high priority for the district with 100% of teachers designated "highly qualified" as defined by the Kansas Department of Education.