Secondary Teacher - Fairfax Learning Center-Kansas City, KS
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Secondary Teacher at Fairfax Learning Center in Kansas City, KS.
Anticipated start date: January 6, 2020. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The Teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid teaching certification/license at the secondary level.
- This person must have an aptitude for working with professional staff along with students of various age groups.
- Teacher will be proficient in verbal and written communication, principles of supervision and have knowledge of relevant technology.
- In addition, he/she will be able to work with students of diverse needs.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience preferred.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students` varying needs.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate students performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student`s progress and development and update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports o students and activities.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Perform student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement.
- Participate in department, school and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional growth and skill development and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the program director or designee.
- Must support the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center (SEKESC) mission, goals, and objectives.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the Executive team.
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Executive Director/Supervisor.
- Meet all safety requirements as directed by the SEKESC.
Greenbush ESC # 609
- Manage all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Requires working on a computer for long periods of time.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Less than 25% travel.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environment with numerous interruptions.
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
January-6-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Mike Issacsen - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas