Site Director at Haysville Learning Cafe
The Site Director works directly under and reports to the Director of Student Services. This position is responsible for the oversight of all activities that occur in the Haysville Learning Cafe. Job expectations include facilitation of student learning, directing and evaluating staff assigned to the learning center location, maintaining a safe and connected learning environment, implement necessary record-keeping systems, lead local recruiting efforts and working directly with students (and parents for any learners under the age of 18) to develop student education plans.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a passion for working with at-risk youth in a trauma-informed setting
- Understand the regulations and best practices for diploma completion programs, including the virtual learning options for students
- Ability to inspire others to carry out the vision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High proficiency in Word/Excel
- Understand how to lead staff through change
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior Instructional experience
- Prior leadership experience
- Building or District Level Licensure
- Establish and provide oversight for student transcript reviews
- Coordinate with student’s district/counselor as needed to develop student’s individual student plan
- Ensure that each student has an appropriate, individual, educational plan in place
- Model and direct instructional expectations for other staff
- Lead the ‘Work Keys’ initiative in your assigned learning center
- Foster district, community, and student relationships
- Attend quarterly site director meetings
- Communicate with the Director of Student Services
- Collaborate with and support other learning centers
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Services to advertise and hire any open positions
- Conduct /coordinate New Staff Orientation for new hires
- Supervise day-to-day activities in the assigned learning center location.
- Conduct employee evaluations--(provide copies of written evaluations to the business office for employee personnel file)
- Maintain a safe, clean and inviting learning environment.
- Communicate any needed repairs with the Director of Student Services
- Coordinate any approved repairs with local service providers.
- Coordinate with Marketing Team to ensure signage and other marketing materials are accurate and available.
- Carry out planned marketing initiatives as coordinated with Marketing Team.
- Establish and maintain student record-keeping system
- Review and approve staff requests for time off
- Review, approve and submit staff time cards
- Answer phone calls and emails in regards to questions that arise from parents or school districts
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
ESSDACK Interlocal 622 Job Start Date:
October-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Nicole Huff - firstname.lastname@example.org - 620-663-9566
ESSDACK Interlocal 622 www.essdack.org
1500 E. 11th Ste 200 Hutchinson, Kansas