USD 252 Southern Lyon County is currently accepting applications for a District wide Social Worker for the 2019-2020 school year.
USD #252 SOUTHERN LYON COUNTY
JOB DESCRIPTION – Social Worker
Purpose: The School Social Worker helps students attain an optimum level of personal and social adjustment. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students- the social worker must work closely with the staff and administration of USD #252.
- Masters’ degree from an accredited college/university or working towards.
- Current Kansas State Social Worker Certificate on file in the Central Office.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
Responsible to: Superintendent of Schools and Building Principals
Knowledge- Skill and Abilities
- Help students attain an optimum level of personal and social adjustment.
- Consult with parents- teachers- administrators- and supporting agencies concerning the needs and abilities of students.
- Ensure that all activities conform to district and cooperative guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- Work effectively with community organizations.
- Appropriately operate all equipment as required.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Support the value of an education.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the school district.
- Comply with all district policies- rules and regulations.
- Assist in the early recognition and prevention of educational problems.
- Monitor student progress and make informed- timely educational decisions.
- Participate as a team member in comprehensive evaluation- review and re-evaluation processes.
- Participate in the development of the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Consult with students regarding their learning and behavioral support needs and counsel them as necessary.
- Refer students and their families to appropriate community agencies and services.
- Consult with parents- teachers- administrators and others concerning the needs of students and special services that are available.
- Assist teachers in the development and implementation of appropriate classroom behavioral support strategies and social skills instruction.
- Assist with public awareness activities that lead to a better understanding of the needs of exceptional children.
- Make classroom presentations to promote social and emotional wellbeing.
- Assist with the inclusion of exceptional students into the general education classroom.
- Cooperate with agencies serving students and their families.
- Order and maintain an adequate inventory of materials and supplies.
- Maintain appropriate confidential records and provide timely reports.
- Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas- and techniques.
- Obtain prior approval for all special activities and expenditures.
- Adhere to all district and cooperative health and safety policies including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Comply with all Grant requirements.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Superintendent or Building Principals.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged.
- Occasionally requires the ability to move- lift- carry- pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop- bend and reach.
- Requires extensive use of hands.
- Requires the ability to occasionally travel.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
Term of Employment: 9-12 month At-Will/Contract- salary- work schedule- and vacation to be established by the Board.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with Board of Education Policy.https://southernlyon.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1337
NA NA Job Start Date:
NAApplications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Southern Lyon County USD 252 www.usd252.org
Southern Lyon County USD #252 consist of 3 locations, including Neosho Rapids where one of our elementary schools is located, Hartford where a 6-12 middle school/high school is located, and Olpe where an elementary, middle school, and high school are located. We are located south and southeast of Emporia.
The purpose of the schools in Southern Lyon County USD 252, is to assure that students have a solid foundation in the basic academic areas.
100 Commercial St. Suite A Hartford/Olpe, Kansas