Special Education Paraprofessional - Project Alternative
Are you a dedicated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of students? Greenbush is seeking applicants for a Special Education Paraprofessional to work in a special day school program located at Project Alternative in McCune, KS. The Special Education Paraprofessional will create a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
Job Summary: Assist teachers and students with improving student achievement in a variety of school settings.
- Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current on health immunizations.
- Associates degree.
- Prior experience in special education, behavior management, and data collection helpful.
- Reviews, reinforces and remediates skills previously addressed by a classroom teacher in individual or small group settings for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of core curriculum for the purpose of effectively assisting in facilitating student achievement.
- Reinforces and supports student academic and behavioral plans when defined by the certified teacher for the purpose of developing students’ basic social/interpersonal/academic skills.
- Facilitate student social integration and increase independence in school while helping student to decrease maladaptive and dependent behaviors that prevent the student from developing to full potential.
- Assists classroom teacher with the preparation of instructional materials for the purpose of providing necessary materials to enhance learning activities.
- Provides instruction to students utilizing a variety of individual and small group activities under the direction of a teacher or professional staff for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Responds to emergencies (i.e. injured student, fights, etc) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Understands and utilizes educational technologies, as appropriate, with students under the direction of a teacher for the purpose of facilitating student learning.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions for the purpose of supporting the teacher, assigned certified staff, and/or administrative personnel.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
Anticipated start date: January 7, 2019. Open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY, go to: https://greenbush.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspxGreenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $75 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
January-7-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Benjamin O`Connor - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas