Special Education Teacher
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Special Education Teacher at East Central Kansas Academy in Garnett.
Anticipated start date: January 3, 2020. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Kansas teaching licensure with applicable endorsement.
- Relevant teaching experience.
- Knowledge of relevant technology.
- Special education endorsement.
- Applicable teaching level/area endorsements.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students` varying needs
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Observe and evaluate student`s performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students` progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, district policies and school regulations
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Perform student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement
- Participate in department, school meetings, and parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Responsible for the work output of other individuals in classroom
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
Greenbush ESC # 609
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires prolonged sitting and standing.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions.
- May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
- Various locations require annual TB tests.
- Occasional lifting of students up to 1/3 of your body weight or a maximum of 40 lbs., and assisting with lifting of student over 40 lbs.
- Occasional physical management and lifting of students as part of behavior management procedures.
- Occasional physical escorting of student requiring hands-on physical assistance, for a maximum of 200 yds.
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
January-3-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
James King - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas