High Incidence (Adaptive) Special Education Teacher - Hays Middle School (West Central Kansas Special Education Cooperative)
The West Central Kansas Special Education Coop, located in Hays, is looking for a great teacher to join our team at Hays Middle School. You will be working with students providing resource room instruction and inclusion support for students with high incidence disabilities.
The WCKSEC includes Hays, Ellis, La Crosse and Victoria and we are proud of the great teachers and related service providers working for the kids of Ellis and Rush counties. We want to grow our team with other hard-working successful teachers. If you don’t see the perfect position for you, reach out to us to discuss other possible openings.
Qualifications: If you are a motivated and caring education professional, we want to meet you.
· Current KSDE teaching licensure in High Incidence (Adaptive) Special Education is preferred.
· If you are not yet licensed in SpEd, we have Waiver and Provisional programs that include tuition assistance and mentoring to help you be successful in the classroom while you earn your master’s degree.
· If you do not have a teaching license but hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-year experience as Special Education Paraeducator you may be a viable candidate under the KSDE Limited Apprentice License Pilot. Contact the WCKSEC to learn more.
· Highest average teacher compensation in Kansas
o Competitive Starting wage
o Compact Salary Schedule
o Outstanding Benefits Package
§ Full Medical with multiple options
§ Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Dental, Vision, Life and Aflac
§ Flexible Spending options for Medical and Dependent Day Care
§ District contribution to Health Saving Account
§ District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERs
· Tuition Assistance partnership with FHSU
· Coaching and Sponsorship opportunities available
Hays USD 489Hays USD 489
Hays School District has about 3,000 students that are enrolled in a high school, middle school, four elementary schools, and an alternative school. The staff of Unified School District No. 489 are recognized throughout Kansasand across the nation as leaders in educational excellence.
Hays Public Schools enjoy tremendous support from the community. Through this support, USD 489 is able to offer programs like all-day, kindergarten, the smallest class sizes in the state for districts our size, and a longer school year. An extensive special education program serves children with special needs. Early childhood programs serve children and their families in a three-county area from before-birth to age six. Technology, throughout the district, is used to supplement and strengthen the instructional program. The most noticeable aspect of our technology is in our ratio of students to computers. At Hays High and the middle schools it is 1:1; and 2:1 in the elementary schools.
While doing an excellent job on the test score race, the staff continues to seek to develop the creativity, curiosity, and problem solving skills of students as well. The challenges of the future are best dealt with by applying creativity and foresight to a solid foundation. We are equipped at USD 489.
To learn more about our schools, visit our website at www.usd489.com