The NCKSEC is seeking special education teacher with PreK-8 grade certification for the 2019-2020 school year. Norton School District, USD #211, is located in Norton, KS. Although preference will be given to candidates currently holding special education or early childhood unified (B-3) endorsement , the NCKSEC welcomes all applicants with an elementary-level teaching or junior high license to apply as temporary licensure waivers are available. Additionally, experienced elementary-level special education paraeducators who hold a Bachelors level degree may be eligible for a limited apprentice license. In both situations, the NCKSEC offers a tuition reimbursement program designed to place non-endorsed teachers the classroom while they pursue a graduate-level program leading to full endorsement in special education.
Position is available November 2019.
North Central Kansas Special Education Cooperative
Job Description of Special Education Teacher
1. Bachelor of Science or Arts.
2. Kansas Certification/Licensure in the area of exceptionality required for the assigned program.
3. Certification of Health (after employment offer).
Duties (Direct or Consultative):
1. Design instructional activities which remediate weaknesses, support the learner in the regular classroom setting, or provide alternative curricular content suited to the needs of the learner.
2. Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction which relate specifically to the learners’ needs, making adjustments as needed to facilitate student learning.
3. Establish and maintain a climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
4. Consult with regular classroom teachers to monitor students performance and help determine alternative interventions for classroom success.
5. Administer formal and informal tests to assess student’s level of performance and make instructional recommendations.
6. Serve as a member of the multidisciplinary evaluation team, providing insight to parents and staff from the teacher’s area of expertise.
7. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student progress and interpret academic needs.
8. Supervise students in out-of classroom settings, as assigned.
9. Serve on committees to promote or further the goals and policies of the districts and the Cooperative.
1. Continually measure student progress toward learning goals and objectives in order to guide instructional decisions.
2. Coordinate the annual review of students’ IEP within the required one-year time frame, assembling the review committee and eliciting input from IEP committee members.
3. Design IEP’s which reflect the input and recommendations of the committee.
4. Provide the Cooperative office with current student data as requested and within the specified deadlines.
5. Prepare reports, grade cards, progress reports, or newsletters as deemed appropriate.
6. Maintain an inventory of instructional materials.
7. Provide a written report of evaluation results for each referral.
8. Update student progress toward IEP goals and objectives on a nine-week basis.
9. Maintain professional competence through participation in inservice activities.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Director.
1. May require travel.
2. Must be able to work in busy and crowded environments.
NCKSEC Interlocal USD 636
Located in north central and northwest Kansas, the NCKSEC Interlocal #636 serves 11 rural school districts. These 11 districts educate approximately 3500 students of which 700 receive special education services.
All of the communities within the NCKSEC offer the benefits of safe and affordable rural living with effective and progressive schools and healthcare services. Rural Opportunity Zone tax incentives are available for individuals relocating to the area.
School districts that comprise the NCKSEC include; USD 110 Thunder Ridge, USD 211 Norton, USD 212 Northern Valley, USD 237 Smith Center, USD 269 Palco, USD 270 Plainville, USD 271 Stockton, USD 325 Phillipsburg, USD 326 Logan, USD 392 Osborne and USD 399 Natoma.
For more information please visit our website at www.ncksec.net