Speech Language Pathologist - Girard
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Speech Language Pathologist at our Main Campus in Girard.
Anticipated start date: August 1, 2020. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: The primary role of the Speech Language Pathologist is to provide services to children in the PreK – 12 school setting. The Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for the evaluation of communication needs and oral motor functioning of children and the implementation and progress monitoring of the Individual Education Plan. The Speech Language Pathologist will also be responsible for appropriate communication (verbal & written) with teachers and other school personnel, billing specialists, family members, physicians and Medicaid.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a Kansas Speech Pathology license through KDADS.
- Must hold or be eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Association.
- Working knowledge and use of assessment tools used in the evaluation of school aged children.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Experience working in the school setting and with children with developmental delays.
- Knowledge of video conferencing.
- Conducts interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary developmental evaluations/ assessments.
- Develops appropriate treatment goals and activities related to the specific needs of children.
- Responsible for providing direct speech and language services, to children with low / high incidence exceptionalities.
- Collaborate with other team members in gathering and sharing evaluation information for the purpose of determining service needs of children.
- Maintain professional clinical competency by attending staff meetings, in-service training, and continuing education courses as appropriate or required.
- Maintain effective, ongoing contacts with families and school staff. Work cooperatively with other agencies providing services to the child.
- Collaborate with team members in the development of a transition plan.
- Support the mission, philosophy and policies of Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and/or the assigned district(s).
- Responsible for timely documentation of evaluation results, progress reports, discharge reports, daily notes, attendance reports, Medicaid prior authorizations, insurance justifications and all required IDEA and / or Medicaid billing documentation.
- Ensure proper paperwork is in order, maintain service logs and visit notes for specific child-related activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of current research based practices in the field of early intervention.
- Must support the mission, goals, and objectives of Southeast Kansas Education Service Center and / or district(s) where assigned.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce accurate work as requested by Supervisor.
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate in writing, email and verbally.
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor.
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center and / or assigned district.
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- May require long periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to drive to and from work sites
Greenbush ESC # 609
Excellent benefit package: Supporting employees and their families is important to Greenbush. We provide access to exceptional Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance options for all employees who work 20 hours or more a week. Additionally, Greenbush participates in the Kansas Public Retirement System (KPERS) and provides excellent 403B plan options. Greenbush contributes to each and every employees retirement plan by matching up to $90 a month for any Greenbush employee that contributes to one of the 403B plans. Employees also can participate in flex spending accounts and salary protection programs. All employees are provided with sick days, personal leave, and holidays subject to the length of their contract. Equal Opportunity Employer Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
August-1-2020Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Alice Corn - firstname.lastname@example.org -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas