Substitute Paraprofessional -McCune and Parsons Day School
Greenbush - The Southeast Kansas Education Service Center is seeking applications for a Substitute Paraprofessional for our Special Day Schools in McCune and Parsons.
Anticipated start date: October 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Assist teachers and students with improving student achievement in a variety of school settings.
- Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Current on health immunizations.
- Associates degree.
- Prior experience in special education, behavior management, and data collection helpful.
- Reviews, reinforces and remediates skills previously addressed by a classroom teacher in individual or small group settings for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of core curriculum for the purpose of effectively assisting in facilitating student achievement.
- Reinforces and supports student academic and behavioral plans when defined by the certified teacher for the purpose of developing students’ basic social/interpersonal/academic skills.
- Facilitate student social integration and increase independence in school while helping student to decrease maladaptive and dependent behaviors that prevent the student from developing to full potential.
- Assists classroom teacher with the preparation of instructional materials for the purpose of providing necessary materials to enhance learning activities.
- Provides instruction to students utilizing a variety of individual and small group activities under the direction of a teacher or professional staff for the purpose of facilitating student achievement.
- Responds to emergencies (i.e. injured student, fights, etc) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Understands and utilizes educational technologies, as appropriate, with students under the direction of a teacher for the purpose of facilitating student learning.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions for the purpose of supporting the teacher, assigned certified staff, and/or administrative personnel.
- Must support the Service Center mission, goals, and objectives
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the executive team
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to effectively and regularly communicate with Service Center employees and constituents
- Must complete all assignments in a time-sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor
- Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the Service Center
- Must perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or designee
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Requires prolonged sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
- Various locations require annual TB tests.
- May be exposed to Hepatitis B and/or other communicable diseases.
- Occasional lifting of students up to 1/3 of your body weight or a maximum of 40 lbs., and assisting with lifting of student over 40 lbs.
- Occasional physical management and lifting of students as part of behavior management procedures.
- Occasional physical escorting of student requiring hands-on physical assistance, for a maximum of 200 yds
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Job Start Date:
October-1-2019Applications Due By:
Job Contact Information
Renee Gillard - email@example.com -
Greenbush ESC # 609 www.greenbush.org
Ensuring Equal Educational Opportunities for Everyone!
With more than 500 employees, the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center— Greenbush offers programs to school districts that are otherwise unavailable, unaffordable, or just more effective and efficient through a cooperative effort. At the core of every Greenbush service is the uncompromising belief that every learner, regardless of age or geographic location, deserves equal educational opportunities.
When working for Greenbush, you could potentially be working anywhere in the state of Kansas. We have more than 80 locations, with the main offices located in Girard, Lawrence, and Topeka. Our programs reach far beyond these locations allowing us to offer a variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
· Hands-on learning labs at the Abernathy Science Education Center
· Providing professional development
· Team-building at the Challenge Ropes Course
· Experiential learning at the Camp and Retreat Center
· Helping learners receive their diploma or credit recovery via virtual and online learning
· Assisting Special Education agencies to access reimbursement for school provided health services
· Specialized learning through Special Day Schools
· Parents as Teachers
· Vision/Hearing and Tele-Therapy services
· Migrant Education
· Infant Toddler Services
· Administrative Services
· Cooperative Purchasing
· Custodial and Transportation services
Greenbush employees are as unique as their programs and enjoy a variety of opportunities. They are supported with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a shared belief in supporting schools across the state. Visit our website at www.greenbush.org for more information of all Greenbush programs and services!Employer Address:
947 W. 47 Hwy Girard, Kansas