Title: Middle School/High School Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Supervises: Assigned students/staff members
Evaluation: As per Negotiated Agreement
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature- able- and responsible men and women.
Bachelors degree with appropriate Kansas licensure.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that- as much as possible- meets the individual needs- interests- and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and- in harmony with the goals- establishes clear objectives for all lessons- units- and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media- consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district`s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Confers with and seeks assistance of district specialists regarding possible learning disabilities of student.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students- equipment- materials- and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate- complete- and correct records as required by law- district policy- and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct- and- for the classroom- develops reasonable rules of classroom
behavior and procedure- and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and-
cooperatively with department heads.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Works with designated team to plan and determine appropriate steps to meet student needs.
19. Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
20. Complies with good safety practices.
21. Complies with all district rules- regulations- and policies.
22. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
Physical and emotional ability and dexterity to perform required work and move about as
needed in a fast-pace- high-intensive work environment.
Please go the district's website at https://haysville.schoolrecruiter.net/Index.aspx to complete an online application.
For more information about the Haysville School District visit our website at http://www.usd261.com
"Unified School District 261 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, military status or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr. Michael Clagg, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, 1745 W. Grand, Haysville, Kansas 67060 Office Phone: (316) 554-2206, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org"